Your Boarding Source

Full Version: stiff board....noob needs help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so my board is really stiff.....and im really new to snowboarding....well i can do basic stuff but i just dont know that much about it.....i have an alibi snowboard that i bought last year from zumiez((like a skate/snow store)) and its really stiff......i want it to be like loose like u see in movies where the board looks like its gonna snap when the jump...like there boards bend so easily and they can manual so easily.....how can i get mine like that? ive tride carpet boarding....i put it up against my chouch and bounced in the middle of it lol....probably wasnt the smartest thing but it helped....b4 if i pushed on the tail it would like go straight up now it doesnt so much

THANKS!!!!
I don't know about alibi boards, but if you are new to boarding how do you know its stiff? Its true that stiffer boards are for more avdvaned riders, but it shouldn't matter that much unless you are tring to learn on a racing board. Just get out there and ride, worry about your board later
dude, just buy another board. you JUMPED on your board on your couch? :incoheren

yeah, i guess you just had bad luck getting a stiffer board .. but no sense damaging your board cuz u want more flex. my advice, save a bit of cream and go ape shit on a freestyle board that has as much flex as a bombay yoga instructor.
save some money and just buy a new board, think of it as a learning lesson you now know what to look for in a board and are more educated. sell urs and put that money towards a new one. sorry this advice isnt what you wanted to hear but thats basically all you can do...you might have a wood core or something in there thats making it stiff but you cant do anything about that, sorry dude.
my gf had that luck to and got a wood core board when she was learning the thing is a brick with hardly any flex, shell problay get a new one this year or something cuz well...were in the carbon fiber and fiber glass era of snowboarding and wood cores are as old as the dinosaurs. hahaha well i dont see them making a comeback any time soon put it that way.
but you got what you got dont be ashimed just think of it as a learning lesson and next board you get will be sick and ull love it. Wink
Spreadingthemon Wrote:save some money and just buy a new board, think of it as a learning lesson you now know what to look for in a board and are more educated. sell urs and put that money towards a new one. sorry this advice isnt what you wanted to hear but thats basically all you can do...you might have a wood core or something in there thats making it stiff but you cant do anything about that, sorry dude.
my gf had that luck to and got a wood core board when she was learning the thing is a brick with hardly any flex, shell problay get a new one this year or something cuz well...were in the carbon fiber and fiber glass era of snowboarding and wood cores are as old as the dinosaurs. hahaha well i dont see them making a comeback any time soon put it that way.
but you got what you got dont be ashimed just think of it as a learning lesson and next board you get will be sick and ull love it. Wink

You're a moron. Every board with very few exceptions have wood cores. Carbon FIber and fiberglass are way stiffer than wood so your point there is lacking too. You should read some more before you go posting bs like that again.

All Burton's except for the Vapor (uses aluminum honeycomb), Never Summer, Prior, Arbor,Winterstick, Palmer (the Honeycomb core uses Nomex...a composite material but they reinforce with wood in key areas like the inserts), Libtech, GNU,RadAir, Salomon, Volkl, Glissade, Steepwater, November, Rome, Rossignol, K2, F2, Voile, M4, M3, LTD, Option...the list goes on and so should your research.

Wood cores for the sake of being wood cores mean nothing in regards to the stiffness of the board. The design of the core and materials used to strengthen it in places directly leads to a board's stiffness. Your GF's board was a brick because it was probably designed for an way more advanced rider than she, or it was a cheap piece of crap. The fact that it was a wood core (good deduction by you though...you had 99% chance at guessing that) means nothing when speaking to its stiffness/bricklikeness.

Nevertheless, stop spreading whatever it is you are spreading...oh isht, I thnk it's spreading...:dead:

J

p.s. the OP most likely bought an Atomic Alibi...it's a high-end freestyle/all mtn board...most likely not the best choice to progress on to intermediate.