Your Boarding Source

Full Version: Nosepresses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can any one tell me how I can do nosepresses?
Lean forward but not too far forward. You also wanna pick up your back leg a little to make it easier to get the tail up. This probably isn't the best advice though, it's the best i can explain it the way i do them.
they are hard. but the way i can do them, the only way i can do them, is when the jump sends you just over the object so that all you have to do is slam your front end down.

http://www.snowpics.net/view_single.php?medid=14578
I assume it's a lot easier to do a nose press when using a freestyle board.
Can one do nose presses on a freeride board?
the one i'm using there is sort of a freeride board. but i'm closer to the max weight limit than the minimum weight. it doesn't really matter how stiff your board is. if the jump and object are set up right and you know how to do it. as long as your pulling up on your back foot enough you will get the tail off the object 6 inches and that is considered a nose press in my book.

check out mdp new movie called jibbing with jeremy jones. teaches you how to do a nose press flawlessly. no matter what kind of board you use it will be do-able.
Cool! Gotta try nose pressing soon this weekend.
i think i'd rather have a stiff board because then its more predictable. if the rail is stikky then your board will probably act the same way than when its not stikky. as long as your going fast enough and can boss around your board then you will keep your tail up.
NITROTOne Wrote:check out mdp new movie called jibbing with jeremy jones. teaches you how to do a nose press flawlessly. no matter what kind of board you use it will be do-able.

I have that movie and it's great. Actually the nosepress clip is featured in this months "Snowboarder" magazine...it's "written by Jeremy Jones" but really just taken word for word from his DVD with stills.
Brodiekiller Wrote:I have that movie and it's great. Actually the nosepress clip is featured in this months "Snowboarder" magazine...it's "written by Jeremy Jones" but really just taken word for word from his DVD with stills.
when i was watching the movie i knew i saw it somewhere. then i remember i was wondering why they had so much video equipment in the "how to" by jeremy jones. only i have how frontside lipslide.
I've heard that nose-presses are alot easier if you dont go to much higher than the box. It worked for me. So don't jump to high, just enough height to get over the front of the box.