Your Boarding Source

Full Version: Burton vs. Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
here you go - pricing from burton and ride.

burton is not overpriced, their about the same - heres examples.

Bidnings

burton c 60s- $350 .................../ Ride flight mig - $280
(because carbon fiber is
uber expensive)

Burton P1 - $260 .................. Ride Team - $ 270

Burton Cartels - $210 .............. Ride SPI - $200

Burton Missions - $180 .......... Ride ex $170
....................................(ride ex were considered bad/cheap on this forum)

And then you have the burtom customs and such which are good too for $130

Boards

burton baron, tadishi fuse, custom,.......... / Ride - timeless, theory
s-series, powers, SW, jussi, jeremy, ............/ leblanc pro, all $500
malolo, raven, and triumph all $500/

both have boards over $500 and under $500, burton with the bigger selection

boots

burton - ranging from $110 - $400 / Ride - ranging from $310 -$110

MORAL OF STORY - YOU CAN GET THE SAME QUALITY PRODUCT FOR THE SAME PRICE.

I did ride cus that seems to be the most popular company other than burton. sure some of their stuff is a little more expensive, but you can get the same quality for the same price.
I’m sorry that you wasted so much doing horrible comparisons.
BTW, only board worth mention on Ride line is Timeless. Any other board comparison is fairly useless. And I’m not sure what you can compare Timeless to…maybe T1? Custom X? I’m seriously not sure.

Please note all prices below are 2005/2006 prices.

Burton Line of Bindings
C60 350.00
P1 Carbon 280.00
P1 260.00
Cartel OLS 260.00
Cartel LTD 260.00
Cartel 210.00
Ducat 200.00
Mission 180.00
Custom Ltd 160.00
Custom 140.00
Freestyle 100.00
SI(Step-in) N/A

Burton Woman Line
Escapade 210.00
Lexa 180.00
Stiletto 140.00

Ride Line of Bindings
Mig 280.00
Team 260.00
Tomcat 240.00
Tomcat DFC 240.00
SPI 200.00
SPI DFC 200.00
SX DFC 180.00
EX 170.00
LX 130.00
LS 110.00
Freestyle 100.00
SI(Step-in) N/A

Ride Woman Line
DVa 200.00
VXn 160.00
LSh 110.00

First of all, Burton ONLY has ONE more selection in comparison to Ride’s binding line up(Excluding Step in as Ride didn’t bother with it). I’ll go on with head to head comparison…read on…

Woman – Head to Head
Lets start with womans comparison since they only have 3 product lines. Unfortunately I can’t comment on how good these bindings are, but if we assume that similar price has similar performance…Burton is charing more for their product. WINNER: RIDE

Now with Man’s product. I personally have ridden(meaning 5 snow days or more, 40 hours) the following burton and Ride products. Burton: C60, P1 Carbon, P1, Cartel OLS, Mission, Custom. Ride: Mig, Team, Tomcat, SPI, Ex, Lx

- C60 and Migs are almost Identical. Both Bindings are Light, Stiff and very responsive. C60 costs 70 dollars more. WINNER: RIDE

- P1 Carbon are closest to the Tomcats DFC in Ride line. Stiffness, response and weight are very similar. P1 Carbon Cost 40 dollars more. WINNER: RIDE

- P1 and Tomcats…Same deal as P1 Carbon and Tomcats DFC. Note, Tomcats is lighter than P1. Tomcats still cost 20 less… WINNER: RIDE

- Cartel OLS is very similar to Team. Both are the same price WINNER: TIED

Rest of the Burton and Ride lines do not have much similarities so it’s hard to compare them. I’ll just compare them as per their line up lvl within each respective companies. You’ll see most Burton product costs more.

SPi and Cartel are probably the most comparible to each other as they are the med/high end line for both companies. I’m not sure what is SO special about the limited edition of Burton line ups but they sure do cost a lot more. FYI - DFC is Ride’s special edition.

Cartel LTD 260.00 SPI DFC 200.00 WINNER: RIDE
Cartel 210.00 SPI 200.00 WINNER: RIDE

Ducat and SX DFC are the 2 “special” line ups from each company.
Ducat 200.00 SX DFC 180.00 WINNER: RIDE

Winner Ride Again, but binding sux imo.
Mission 180.00 EX 170.00 WINNER: RIDE

LMAO, why make a limited edition of such a pos binding? Oh, more money!!!
Custom Ltd 160.00 Loser: Burton, reason stated above.

More junk bindings…
Custom 140.00 LX 130.00 WINNER: RIDE
Freestyle 100.00 LS 110.00 WINNER: First Win for Burton, Lets have a party!!!

So in summary, Burton bindings are much more expansive than Ride. Low end Binding prices are similar in price but Burton still adds the extra 10 dollars to make more profit. Burton has 1 extra product because of the stupid limited edition for a low end binding…wtf?

Edit: took out the unneccessary Capped RED letters for easier viewing.
Trader97 Wrote:Mission 180.00 EX 170.00 WINNER: RIDE

More junk bindings…

MORAL OF STORY - TRY THE GEAR BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTS ON THEM. DO YOUR RESEARCH CORRECTLY INSTEAD OF HALF ASSLY. YOU CAN NOT GET THE SAME QUALITY PRODUCT FOR THE SAME PRICE.

how do you know I've never tried gear? All you did was bash burton, not say anything good about ride except that they are priced about $10 cheaper.

CUSTOMS ARE CHEAP???????????? cmon. obviously you've never rode them. imo AND IN SHAWN WHITES OPINION their a good binding.
and if you compare to the lx's which have been refered to as cheap/bad BURON WINS.

I don't believe you've ridden all those bindings 40 hours + unless you go through bindings soo fast or have been to every demo in the last ten years. Thats alot of money waisted if you bought all those.

Missions have been refered to as good bindings many places vs. the EXs which were cheap/bad binding?? winner = BURTON

MORAL OF STORY - THE BEST RIDE BINDING FOR THE MONEY IS THE RIDE SPI'S FOR $200 (ANYTHING ELSE IS CHEAP AND WAISTFUL), IMO PROBABLY THE BEST BURTON BINDING FOR PRICE AND MONEY IS THE CARTELS - $210 AND, BURTON HAS GOOD BINDINGS FOR LESS THAN $200 ($130-$180)

it pretty much comes down to opinion, not price.

I have never said Ride is better than Burton because I have not had too much experiance with Ride, but pricing is about the same.
Hey, just after reading your comments, you are saying that the LX bindings are cheap and/or bad, I am just wondering where you got this info from? Or why you say that they are not very good? Just wondering, thx!
RidinJJ Wrote:Hey, just after reading your comments, you are saying that the LX bindings are cheap and/or bad, I am just wondering where you got this info from? Or why you say that they are not very good? Just wondering, thx!

Are they bad? Thats all base on personal opinion.

Are they cheap? if you compare them to the med-high end bindings, yes you can see many elements that would consider as Cheap!(buckles, baseplate, highback(or lack off), etc... Would they work? Of course, but personally i wouldn't ride in them because they are too flimzy! I like stiff ass bindings. Smile
RidinJJ Wrote:Hey, just after reading your comments, you are saying that the LX bindings are cheap and/or bad, I am just wondering where you got this info from? Or why you say that they are not very good? Just wondering, thx!
I spent 2 years on my Ride EX and they were crap, worst bindings I ever used so the lower end LX must not be too good either. The Missions are IMO at least 10 times better than the Ride EX.
asd Wrote:how do you know I've never tried gear? All you did was bash burton, not say anything good about ride except that they are priced about $10 cheaper.

Please point out where I “BASH” Burton. If you review all my posts, I NEVER ONCe BASH burton. Instead I always stated that Burton makes quality products BUT THEY OVER CHARGE THEIR CUSTOMER!!!! Which is the reason why i OVER EMPHaisize the extra 10-40 dollars they charge. How many piece of gear have you tried? I’m sure not as much as me.

Quote:CUSTOMS ARE CHEAP???????????? cmon. obviously you've never rode them. imo AND IN SHAWN WHITES OPINION their a good binding.
and if you compare to the lx's which have been refered to as cheap/bad BURON WINS.

LMAO, how can you compare Customs to Cartels, P1s, or any other med-high end bindings from any other brand? If you just look at the customs itself, then yes, they are good. If you start to compare to all the bindings out in the market…they are CHEAP!!
My first pair of bindings was the Customs and they worked GREAT when I had them, but then I didn’t know better…

Quote:I don't believe you've ridden all those bindings 40 hours + unless you go through bindings soo fast or have been to every demo in the last ten years. Thats alot of money waisted if you bought all those.
I haven’t been to every demo in last ten years. But I have ridden for 10 years with EIGHT Of my boarding buddies. And yes, some of them are DIE HARD BURTON FANS as yourself. We share switch gears ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!! We buy approximately 10-12 SETS of gear every year because our local shop gives us 30-50% of all gears. We ebay half off to make profit. Basically we buy all stuff for dirt cheap.

Quote:Missions have been refered to as good bindings many places vs. the EXs which were cheap/bad binding?? winner = BURTON
Missions has been refer by some people as good bindings, EX has been refer by some people as good bindings. Both in my opinion are just med/low end bindings that I would not ride with. Winner still EX cause its still 10 dolalrs freaking cheaper!!!

Moral of the story – Best Ride binding is Mig. Best Burton binding is C60. They both are about equal in performance(imo). But C60 is MUCH MORE EXPANSIVE. Best Bang for the buck Ride Binding – SPI. Best Bang for the buck Burton binding Cartels. These 2 are different type of bindings, you CANNOT even compare them. Yet 1 is still 10 dollars more expansive.

Quote: it pretty much comes down to opinion, not price.
Right, compare 1 set of bindings and price does not matter. Ignore all the high end bindings. I’m sure there are many people like myself that only buys high end gear. We do feel there difference between 350 dollars and 280. Thank you! Please try again.

Quote:I have never said Ride is better than Burton because I have not had too much experiance with Ride, but pricing is about the same.

Again, let me reemphasized that Burton do NOT make BAD products. They make good products, but they charge MORE! My entire post was to prove that they CHARGE MORE! That’s why I keep mentioning the 10 extra freaking dollars. In comparing Bindings, my preference is definitely Ride because all mid/low end products are too soft for my taste and high end burton bindings are just too WASTEFUL as you have put it.
I've demoed Burton products, all of which I liked. The customs are a great binding for the money. I've heard on this forum that the ex & lx are bad bindings. so that comparison would make burton win.

and you say a binding is bad based on opinion. Ive heard the ex & lx are made cheap and do not last. I don't think that that is opinion, more of a fact to me.

And I am not a diehard Burton fan. I just like the look of the product, heard it lasts a long time, and Love the way they feel, so logically I would buy Burton stuff. If I heard all that about Ride, I would buy Ride stuff.

Quote:LMAO, how can you compare Customs to Cartels, P1s, or any other med-high end bindings from any other brand? If you just look at the customs itself, then yes, they are good. If you start to compare to all the bindings out in the market…they are CHEAP!!
My first pair of bindings was the Customs and they worked GREAT when I had them, but then I didn’t know better…

The customs may not be as good as the Cartels or P1s or any other mid-high end binding and I never said that. I said they were a good binding, compared to the ex & lx. Obviously the customs can't be that bad because Shawn White uses them, not the cartels or P1s or anything else.

One more thing that puzzles me. --> if you already pay $200 - $300 for a binding (or like you say get 30% - 50% off) what is the extra $10 do for you?
(well it comes out to like $5-$7 for with your discount)

Both make good bindings I bet and for around the same price.

Compare the Burton Cartels ($210) to the Ride Team ($280) on the hill, which one performs better?

Or the Burton P1($260) to the Ride Flight Mig ($280) Which one performs better?

They are probably about the same, but like I said I havn't had much experiance with Ride.
asd Wrote:One more thing that puzzles me. --> if you already pay $200 - $300 for a binding (or like you say get 30% - 50% off) what is the extra $10 do for you?(well it comes out to like $5-$7 for with your discount)

AT med/low end it's only 10 dollars. If you compare C60 to Mig, thats a 80 dollar difference. That would be difference that matters. even at 50% off, I would still be paying 40 dollars more. consider that my group of friends purchase approximately 10 sets of gear every year...thats 400 dollars more in expanses. If you look at it at Larger quantity, every little bit matters, even if it's at 10 dollars. It's part of the business world.

At the same token I am grateful at Burton. Because Burton provides such great detail to my local shop, I get most burton gears for 50% off hence it gives the best profit margin.
Dan Gerous Wrote:I spent 2 years on my Ride EX and they were crap, worst bindings I ever used so the lower end LX must not be too good either. The Missions are IMO at least 10 times better than the Ride EX.

I'll agree the 2003/04+ mission bindings are much better made than the Ex and Lx. But prior to 03/04, they were =ly as bad.

Low end Burton gear is probably better than low end gears from other brands. When I say better, I mean better balanced.

Burton high end gear are just about equal to other brands but they definitely charge much more.
Trader97 Wrote: DO YOUR RESEARCH CORRECTLY INSTEAD OF HALF ASSLY. .

i think the term would be assedly.

could be wrong.

i hope that will lighten the mood of the thread a bit.
Trader97 Wrote:I’m sorry that you wasted so much doing horrible comparisons.
BTW, only board worth mention on Ride line is Timeless. Any other board comparison is fairly useless. And I’m not sure what you can compare Timeless to…maybe T1? Custom X? I’m seriously not sure.

Please note all prices below are 2005/2006 prices.

Burton Line of Bindings
C60 350.00
P1 Carbon 280.00
P1 260.00
Cartel OLS 260.00
Cartel LTD 260.00
Cartel 210.00
Ducat 200.00
Mission 180.00
Custom Ltd 160.00
Custom 140.00
Freestyle 100.00
SI(Step-in) N/A

Burton Woman Line
Escapade 210.00
Lexa 180.00
Stiletto 140.00

Ride Line of Bindings
Mig 280.00
Team 260.00
Tomcat 240.00
Tomcat DFC 240.00
SPI 200.00
SPI DFC 200.00
SX DFC 180.00
EX 170.00
LX 130.00
LS 110.00
Freestyle 100.00
SI(Step-in) N/A

Ride Woman Line
DVa 200.00
VXn 160.00
LSh 110.00

First of all, Burton ONLY has ONE more selection in comparison to Ride’s binding line up(Excluding Step in as Ride didn’t bother with it). I’ll go on with head to head comparison…read on…

Woman – Head to Head
Lets start with womans comparison since they only have 3 product lines. Unfortunately I can’t comment on how good these bindings are, but if we assume that similar price has similar performance…Burton is charing more for their product. WINNER: RIDE

Now with Man’s product. I personally have ridden(meaning 5 snow days or more, 40 hours) the following burton and Ride products. Burton: C60, P1 Carbon, P1, Cartel OLS, Mission, Custom. Ride: Mig, Team, Tomcat, SPI, Ex, Lx

- C60 and Migs are almost Identical. Both Bindings are Light, Stiff and very responsive. C60 costs 70 dollars more. WINNER: RIDE

- P1 Carbon are closest to the Tomcats DFC in Ride line. Stiffness, response and weight are very similar. P1 Carbon Cost 40 dollars more. WINNER: RIDE

- P1 and Tomcats…Same deal as P1 Carbon and Tomcats DFC. Note, Tomcats is lighter than P1. Tomcats still cost 20 less… WINNER: RIDE

- Cartel OLS is very similar to Team. Both are the same price WINNER: TIED

Rest of the Burton and Ride lines do not have much similarities so it’s hard to compare them. I’ll just compare them as per their line up lvl within each respective companies. You’ll see most Burton product costs more.

SPi and Cartel are probably the most comparible to each other as they are the med/high end line for both companies. I’m not sure what is SO special about the limited edition of Burton line ups but they sure do cost a lot more. FYI - DFC is Ride’s special edition.

Cartel LTD 260.00 SPI DFC 200.00 WINNER: RIDE
Cartel 210.00 SPI 200.00 WINNER: RIDE

Ducat and SX DFC are the 2 “special” line ups from each company.
Ducat 200.00 SX DFC 180.00 WINNER: RIDE

Winner Ride Again, but binding sux imo.
Mission 180.00 EX 170.00 WINNER: RIDE

More junk bindings…

So in summary, Burton bindings are much more expansive than Ride. Low end Binding prices are similar in price but Burton still adds the extra 10 dollars to make more profit. Burton has 1 extra product because of the stupid limited edition for a low end binding…wtf?

MORAL OF STORY - TRY THE GEAR BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTS ON THEM. DO YOUR RESEARCH CORRECTLY INSTEAD OF HALF ASSLY. YOU CAN NOT GET THE SAME QUALITY PRODUCT FOR THE SAME PRICE.

wow you sure did a lot of research JUST to prove him wrong. i think you need to get out more often and get a life. =) just a suggestion
jsong83 Wrote:wow you sure did a lot of research JUST to prove him wrong. i think you need to get out more often and get a life. =) just a suggestion

It didn't even take much "research". go burton.com, click on bindings..show all. you can write down all pricing within 5 minutes. same for ride.

Its not about proving him wrong. It's about getting the right information on the boards.

I somehow get to slack off at work and post on message boards for entertainment.

Good try though =P
haha you're all just seeing red...

literally.
When I think about it, give me a Ride setup, give me a Burton setup, as long as I can ride, I'll be happy...
Pages: 1 2 3