Your Boarding Source

Full Version: hitting jumps switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I was wondering what you guys do when you hit a jump riding switch. Do you switch ollie or do you nose ollie off the jump?
I kinda switch ollie, but i always spin when going switch off jumps so I'm kinda carving on the jump a little bit too. I geuss whatever feels more comfortable to you.
I don`t ollie or nollie when riding off a jump riding regular or switch. I just pop with my legs. If you`re going fast enough and the jump`s big enough there`s really no need to ollie, and all it will do is complicate things.

Watch the pros, none of them ollie off of big jumps.
Nate_doggg Wrote:I don`t ollie or nollie when riding off a jump riding regular or switch. I just pop with my legs. If you`re going fast enough and the jump`s big enough there`s really no need to ollie, and all it will do is complicate things.

Watch the pros, none of them ollie off of big jumps.

I've done some big jumps and their was no way I was gunna clear them without ollieing(sp?) Its not that I super jump huge, I just kinda pop myself. Even when I spin I find myself popping myself to clear the gap. BTW, popping with your legs would be ollieing anyways right?
Well I don't consider it an ollie because you're not coming off of your tail. I just sort of extend my legs so they're just short of lockout when I leave the lip, it's more of a hop than an ollie in my opinion.
i used to just jump both feet at the same time, but now i'm getting better and i ollie a bit. and for rails i go alot slower now and ollie the shit outta my board. i lean way the **** back and can feel my board flex and then i jump and it bounces me like a pogo stick. for switch i jump with both feet and always for some reason am jumping off my toe edge.