Your Boarding Source

Full Version: S rail?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone done an S-rail? I tried the biggest S rail in the world (80 feet) yesterday. If you do the whole thing and get it on tape you get a free season pass. Its at Cascade mountain in Portage, WI. The first time I fell back just getting on and hung myself, flipped over the other side and landed on my head. good thing I had my helmet on. The second time I tried it I got like almost the first C part then just fell off the side. It is hard to get your weight back over the other side to do the other part of the C. This thing was huge though, its longer than my yardConfusedurprised

the picture doesn't even do it justice. its HUGE

[Image: 80Ft._S-Rail5.jpg]

(btw, thats not me on the rail its some skier guy that did the whole thing, i got the picture off their website)
Yo, thats ****in masssssssive... for a free pass tho, I would do it allll day until I got it.
jam*wil Wrote:Yo, thats ****in masssssssive... for a free pass tho, I would do it allll day until I got it.

Yeah, it's huge S rail. It's gonna be tough but like James, I would keep trying until i get it.
Thats what I thought too, but theirs this awsome jump by it that you can't hit if you go for the S rail, and its huge and I'm like "theirs no way I'm gunna do the whole thing". pluss after I fell the first time I was scared for a while. and it had a 5 foot gap to it, so you had to have alot of speed to hit it.

I only saw 2 other people try it too besides me, and their was alot of people their.
...then again, I haven't had the best experiences with rails of the curved nature... but that could change.

I can picture some serious injury's on the thing, curved rails are notorious with me for causing wierd and painful crashes.
S-rails are intense. I`ve only ever tried one once since they don`t have one at any of the hills near me. Needless to say, I didn`t do it successfully and I`ve only ever see one person do the whole rail only to bail on the landing.

That one looks intense, and that skiier doing the whole rail is really impressive. Doing it on a snowboard wuold be hard. Doing it on skis would be almost impossible.
Wow - I dunno if I'd wanna try that, it's pretty intense. I've fallen off S rails before, no bueno.
for a free season pass? it'd be worth a few bruises...thats what helmets are for.
brdrgrl Wrote:for a free season pass? it'd be worth a few bruises...thats what helmets are for.

yeah, but still after doing it the whole day i bet i woulda never landed the whole thing. pluss you had to get it on video (we didnt have a camera)
brdrgrl Wrote:for a free season pass? it'd be worth a few bruises...thats what helmets are for.
I'm talking about larger injuries than a bruise... Your helmet only protects your head, what about broken limbs and torn cartilidge and stuff like that.
Daaamn thats sick! I'd be on the rail all day Big Grin Not just for the season pass, but for fun. It looks hard, but I love a good challenge.

Beats the 5 foot long boxes that we have...
jam*wil Wrote:I'm talking about larger injuries than a bruise... Your helmet only protects your head, what about broken limbs and torn cartilidge and stuff like that.

thats kind of an inherent risk of the sport anyway...
brdrgrl Wrote:thats kind of an inherent risk of the sport anyway...
Oh yeah... but the risk gets higher doing an 80ft S-Rail lol.
Must need some MAD speed to get across that thing...what a ride that'd be. Confusedurprised