Your Boarding Source

Full Version: For Sale - One crappy snowboard - $10k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
$10,000 for a crappy snowboard? WTF?

Well, it also includes a free Volvo. Now, of course, I would never try to sell a 2003 Volvo S40 here. Hell, no. This is a snowboarding forum, after all, and an advertistment for a car might get deleted. So, that's why this isn't for a car. It's for a snowboard. Uh huh, a snowboard. For sale. For ten grand. Yup, sounds reasonable to me.

The snowboard was made by fifty-one-fifty several years ago. It's 156cm long and pale green. I really don't know that much else about it. It's the board I learned on, and for that purpose, it was great. Once I knew what I was doing, I bought something much nicer, so now this is just collecting dust. And, for only $10,000 it can be yours!

And then, as I said, I'll also throw in - AT NO ADDITIONAL COST! - a Volvo. It's black with black leather and in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. It has 110k miles, but if it had any less, it wouldn't be free. Besides, Volvos last forever. I'm the original owner and have every service receipt. This car has led a very pampered life.

If you have any interest in the snowboard (or the free included Volvo S40), I will gladly post pictures (of either).

Confusedhiny:
ahah I LOVE IT Big Grin
Bump to make the spam no longer on top.

So, no interest in my snowboard? C'mon, people.. Free Volvo.. that's a heckuva deal! =)
picture of volvo por favor.
jam*wil Wrote:picture of volvo por favor.
Alrighty. You're 18 years old and live 2.5 thousand miles away. Sounds like a potential customer to me. =)

I'm going to quote them because the borders look nice. Here ya go...
Quote:[Image: IMGP0665.JPG]
Quote:[Image: IMGP0666.JPG]
Quote:[Image: IMGP0667.JPG]
Quote:[Image: IMGP0670.JPG]
All this could be yours! =) You get a complete set of snow tires too. Ya know, for going to the mountain.
American cars are so...american..y'know? Smile
nitro852 Wrote:American cars are so...american..y'know? Smile
I wouldn't know. I've never owned an American "car". I did own two American trucks, though. I hated the Ford Ranger - blech! - but the Jeep Cherokee was pretty awesome. Actually, the Toyota Solara I'm driving now was built in America. Does that count? I mean, what makes a car American? Or, for that matter, what makes a car a "car"? I'm curious how specific you were being about both words, I guess.

That thing pictured above though? That was designed, engineered, assembled, and placed on a boat all in Sweeden, and presumably by Sweedish people, so I'm afraid I don't understand the question .. y'know? Wink
its just things like the american numberplates.
your free volvo :p is designed to take a european sized numberplate hence the big gaps either side.
so, that just makes it look alot different to how it would over here. its not much but i notice it.
its not a bad thing either, it looks good.

and my definition of a car is a mode of transport not pulled by a pony Big Grin
i'll take the car off your hands for you if you REALLY want to give it away

Big Grin
someloser*rider Wrote:i'll take the car off your hands for you if you REALLY want to give it away

Big Grin
You gotta buy the snowboard for $10k first. =)
nitro852 Wrote:American cars are so...american..y'know? Smile
Isn't Volvo owned by Ford now? And aren't they built on Ford platforms using Ford parts nowadays? You know, shared platforms among car brands all owned by the same company? So a Volvo might qualify as an american car now. Big Grin
One could just as easily argue that the Focus is now Sweedish. The new S40 frame is shared by three cars, including the Mazda 3. By your logic, could the new S40 not also be considered Japanese?
GimmeSnow Wrote:One could just as easily argue that the Focus is now Sweedish. The new S40 frame is shared by three cars, including the Mazda 3. By your logic, could the new S40 not also be considered Japanese?
Probably Big Grin
There is no such thing as nations in the car world nowadays. I would maybe check your ca... snowboard but I'm in Canada so I wont try to convince you to sell it. From what I saw here, 10,000 for the board and free car is a good price.
your brakes especially the rear drums have a shit load of rust on them btw