Your Boarding Source

Full Version: Winter Season is coming! Are you ready?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been waiting for this time all this year. And finally winter season will arrived soon.
Just want to know what are your preparations for this winter season?
- Bought a new board
- Got a season pass for Alpine
- Got a season pass for Squaw
- Bought a flight to San Francisco
- Organized 6-month lease on a ski lodge in Tahoe (need to wire the rent still though)
erm... that's about it. Looking at buying cars in SFC.
I kept my legs in relatively good shape by going to work on my bike all summer long so I'm up for, hopefully, a great season.

As far as equipment is concerned, I pretty much have everything in great shape as I bought pants, jacket and a helmet last year, I just got new gloves to replace my Burton SRG (Self Ripping Gloves) but I am still waiting for my new board and bindings! Sad That is killing me because I already sold and gave away the 4 boards I had! If the Lib Tech doesn't get in soon, I may end up buying a cheap park-only board so I can still use it after I get the more all-mountain T.Rice. I see it at some online dealers but I kinda have an unbeatable deal at some shop... I'm tempted to just cancel the order with them so I can get it now... I know it doesn't make sense since I can't ride it before the end of November... But I can't wait!

Also, I already bought my season's pass so let the snow begin to fall! Smile
Are you rockin' the TRS Blunt
FlowMaster Wrote:Are you rockin' the TRS Blunt
Not yet, I'm waiting for the Travis Rice Magne-Traction Blunt 157...
sweet I am picking up a Capita Stairmaster soon and at the end of the season a Burton Custom or a TrS Magnetraction Blunt.
Only thing I kinda need is new boots, but ill probably wait til next year for that. As for the snow, the resort im going to got its first snowfall on the 16th with 8 inches, and I was even more happy when I went home for lunch that day and it was snowing at my house :glasses:
FlowMaster Wrote:sweet I am picking up a Capita Stairmaster soon and at the end of the season a Burton Custom or a TrS Magnetraction Blunt.
All good boards, the Mag sidecut was a big deciding factor for me. I'll post a review once I have a few rides on it.
I got into better shape, joined a snowboard team, and I drool over pictures of snow on a daily basis Big Grin
Are you kidding? I've been ready since last winter ended. =)

Give me snow! Gimme! Now!
word! Im getting ready to buy a season pass to Breck, where there was 2 feet of snow a couple days ago. Im getting all new gear like the burton custom x, and asym pants and jackets...maybe some flow bindings as i hate riding off the lift with only 1 foot in... let it snow!
Breck rocks dude. I really wanted to get the Colorado Pass and hit Vail 10 times this year and maybe another 10-20 days at Breck. Unfortunately all my friends are getting the Winter Park and Copper passes, so I'll end up getting a WP/Copper season pass. I've had the Colorado Pass for couple years so I guess it's time for something new, but I like the Colorado Pass because you can ride A-Basin until the end of May.

I see the backcountry people are already riding Loveland Pass.

As soon as I figure out which bindings I want, I'll be ready to rock and roll.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Big Grin
season pass came in last week
ordered new bindings and boots today
board freshly waxed
I even got a new jacket

I mean, LETS SEE SOME SNOW!!!
I can't wait to start riding off the roof of the house!
Jimi77 Wrote:Breck rocks dude. I really wanted to get the Colorado Pass and hit Vail 10 times this year and maybe another 10-20 days at Breck. Unfortunately all my friends are getting the Winter Park and Copper passes, so I'll end up getting a WP/Copper season pass. I've had the Colorado Pass for couple years so I guess it's time for something new, but I like the Colorado Pass because you can ride A-Basin until the end of May.

I see the backcountry people are already riding Loveland Pass.

As soon as I figure out which bindings I want, I'll be ready to rock and roll.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Big Grin

Yea im getting the colorado pass. I know loveland will be open in what like 2 weeks?
Not only am I ready, but my girlfriend will be too (and she doesn't even know it)! She wants these...

http://www.salomonski.com/us/product.asp...uct=786358 (Yeah, she skis, not boards, but it's all good)

...because she tried on a whole bunch at the store last weekend, and those were the most comfortable, which is exactly what she wants. The plan is to ask her parents for them, which will probably work.

So, she'll have the boots. But, what she doesn't know is that I just ordered her a pair of these...

http://shop.sierrasnowboard.com/browse.cfm/4,920.html !! Confusedhock:

She'll be using her current gear until Christmas (shhh!!), but once that hits, new boots and new skis! Angel

And, oh yeah, they match. That's true. But I went with those skis instead of something else by K2 because they're the best match for her skill level - not because of their color. However, I did, admitingly, choose K2 because within her skill level, among other brands, those just match oh-so-very well. Look at them! Perfect.

Oh, and that sale... Dude, half price... That's awesome. =)

PS: While I'm at it, speaking of the reasons I bought them, I should clarify, the name was not one of them! :incoheren

PPS: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Hehe. =)
Pages: 1 2