Your Boarding Source

Full Version: Noooo-o-o-o!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't move to Colorado. :eek:

There's no Dunkin' Donuts there. :mad:

What am I going to do? :p
Learn how to make your own donuts? D:
LOL - I guess you're just gonna have to settle for Winchell's & Lamar's donuts or switch to bagels.
Jimi77 Wrote:LOL - I guess you're just gonna have to settle for Winchell's & Lamar's donuts or switch to bagels.

Call me weird, but whenever I go to a D&D I always get a bagel anyway :p
Open your own dunkin donoughts. You'll be set for life.

want to hear somethign bad? I've never tasted a dunkin donought.

A couple years ago, the Krispy Kreme chain decided that they could make a crapload of money if they opened a bunch of krispy kreme stores.

So they went all out, they made i think Three in the town I live, (town of around 75,000) and a couple in the serounding cities. (Its practically a metropolis, with my town being the biggest). Now, krispy kreme donoughts are good, but if you make too many stores, those stores won't get enough buisness to support themselves. And that is exactly what happened. The one closest to me was opened for maybe a year, and surrounding stores closed as well. Krispy Kremes are still sold in gas stations, but idk where the main headquarters of these donuts are.

Also, they made soo much donuts, and soo much donuts got wasted. Me and my friends would go dumpster diving for donuts, screw paying for them. you are probably saying "sick", but they would throw perfect 6 pack boxes of donuts in the dumpster, with nothing else. Pluss, the expiration date would be the date after that day. We would only pay when the "hot n fresh" sign was up, buy one donut get one free.
KKs rock...my world..
I never liked Krispy Kreme Donuts. I'd take a Dunkin or Lamar donut over a KK anyday.
Jimi77 Wrote:I never liked Krispy Kreme Donuts. I'd take a Dunkin or Lamar donut over a KK anyday.

Agreed. Besides, I love Dunkin coffee.
We have both here. DD is down here in the boonies. But KK is more or less in the city (Rochester). I never had a KK donut or their coffee. But I was pleased to find a DD up here when I moved from NJ. BUT my favorite coffee in the whole wide world is Wawa coffee (GimmeSnow should know what that is). And I can't get it here, unless I go visit family and load up on bags and bags of it while in NJ.
karatekid1975 Wrote:We have both here. DD is down here in the boonies. But KK is more or less in the city (Rochester). I never had a KK donut or their coffee. But I was pleased to find a DD up here when I moved from NJ. BUT my favorite coffee in the whole wide world is Wawa coffee (GimmeSnow should know what that is). And I can't get it here, unless I go visit family and load up on bags and bags of it while in NJ.

I'll make you a deal...

After I move to Colorado, I will bring you back all the WaWa coffee I can carry whenever I vist my NJ-based family as long as you do the same for me with DD. We'll just have to space our vacations out accordingly. Wink

Seriously though, what I'm going to miss is the donuts and the egg 'n cheese croisants at 2am, not the coffee.

As for Dunkins in Colorado, I only found 4: one in Eastern Denver (but I want to live in Western Denver) and three in Co. Springs, which is like an hour away, way too far away for late-night munchies.

I guess I don't need to look for a job out there. What I should do is open a DD in Lakewood. =)
GimmeSnow Wrote:As for Dunkins in Colorado, I only found 4: one in Eastern Denver (but I want to live in Western Denver) and three in Co. Springs, which is like an hour away, way too far away for late-night munchies.

Ever see Harold and Kumar go to White Castle?

It shows that if you want something bad enough, an hour is not too far.
asd Wrote:Ever see Harold and Kumar go to White Castle?

Except it takes them a lot longer than an hour :p And its White Castle. You can't compare that to DD!
GimmeSnow Wrote:I'll make you a deal...

After I move to Colorado, I will bring you back all the WaWa coffee I can carry whenever I vist my NJ-based family as long as you do the same for me with DD. We'll just have to space our vacations out accordingly. Wink

Seriously though, what I'm going to miss is the donuts and the egg 'n cheese croisants at 2am, not the coffee.

As for Dunkins in Colorado, I only found 4: one in Eastern Denver (but I want to live in Western Denver) and three in Co. Springs, which is like an hour away, way too far away for late-night munchies.

I guess I don't need to look for a job out there. What I should do is open a DD in Lakewood. =)

Dude, you have a deal. My main deal is the coffee. I'm not a huge "sweet eater" so I'll help you out with the coffee. You get me Wawa, I'll get you DD Wink You like whole bean? If not, I'll send ya grind coffee. Let me know bro.
asd Wrote:Ever see Harold and Kumar go to White Castle?

Hahahaha!!

Good point and excellent reference.

I now envision several excursions for the sole purpose of aquiring Dunkin Donuts egg 'n cheese croisants.
jjyank Wrote:Except it takes them a lot longer than an hour :p And its White Castle. You can't compare that to DD!

Exactly. It takes them more than an hour, and they still go. Clearly, if they can handle what they did, I can drive to Co. Springs. And, the similarities between White Castle and DD might be stronger than you think... Wink
Pages: 1 2