Your Boarding Source

Full Version: iPod or Minidiscs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which do you prefer?

iPod
[Image: ipod.jpg]

OR

Minidiscs
[Image: B00008AF64.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg]
well, i have minidisk...but that is because my cousin can get them for me for free. A friend of mine has an ipod and loves it. he says its perfect for boarding and says he carries it arond with him everywhere...

so i would say ipod
kemet64 Wrote:well, i have minidisk...but that is because my cousin can get them for me for free. A friend of mine has an ipod and loves it. he says its perfect for boarding and says he carries it arond with him everywhere...

so i would say ipod

ipod sucks big time, and you want to know why?

because it has all that memory to store so many songs, yet has a playing time of a measly 8 hours, that sucks, and so ipod sucks.
seriously...thats a bad definition of it being bad.

if you listen to it for longer than 8 hours, it shoulf automatically turn off to give you a hint Tongue

i still think it is best/
kemet64 Wrote:seriously...thats a bad definition of it being bad.

if you listen to it for longer than 8 hours, it shoulf automatically turn off to give you a hint Tongue

i still think it is best/

ok consider this, you are going o a long weekend, and are going trekking or something, so you decide to take your oh so expensive ipod along, what good is it if its gonna run out of battery after the first day. plus 8 hours is what you get at the start, my friends ipod now gives him 3 hours play time after every recharge, and best of all apple want him to pay 100 of your american dollars to replace the battery so that it can start giving him the measly 8 hour playing time again. thieves, i tell ya, the lot of them are thieves.
Just replace the battery or get a belkin battery pack.
kemet64 Wrote:well, i have minidisk...but that is because my cousin can get them for me for free. A friend of mine has an ipod and loves it. he says its perfect for boarding and says he carries it arond with him everywhere...

so i would say ipod

Your friend speaks wisely, and you are wise to agree!!

iPod Rocks!! Cool
grendelesque Wrote:ok consider this, you are going o a long weekend, and are going trekking or something, so you decide to take your oh so expensive ipod along, what good is it if its gonna run out of battery after the first day. plus 8 hours is what you get at the start, my friends ipod now gives him 3 hours play time after every recharge, and best of all apple want him to pay 100 of your american dollars to replace the battery so that it can start giving him the measly 8 hour playing time again. thieves, i tell ya, the lot of them are thieves.

wqell in the event that I am going on a long trek into the wilderness...I will have to bring my mini-disk Tongue

but im just talking about when im around an outlet.
Well my minidisc player lasts around 20 hours just with the rechargeable battery, and 70 hours with a AA battery + the rechargeable one.
I only listen to my iPod on the subway (for about 30 min at a time) and walking to work and back, so I don't need more than 8 hours. I like the playlist function of the iPod and have never had a problem w/ the battery recharging. I've had mine for about two years now.
catfishnribs Wrote:http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/

that was already proven to be inaccurate - you can buy a replacement battery for $50. I've had mine for over two years now and it's still going strong.

http://wherewearebound.typepad.com/where...y_sec.html
My roommate has an Ipod and it's awesome! Seriosuly who listens to it more than 8hours..or 3 infact! Buy rechargable batteris.Then download Cypress Hills' "What's your Number" and rock!
Anybody here used the new napster portable. I was thinking about going with that instead of the iPod. A friend of mine has the iPod and she went into an Apple store and paid about $180 for what I would consider essential products. Products like a car charger, fm transmitter so it would work in the car, a holster, new earphones, and some other things. Kind of a rip if you ask me.
i like my minidiscs for the fact that its not a Mac. Cool
i didn't read all your opinions but you should read mine. iPods are sumthin im not too familar with but i know this i was faced with the decision between minidisc or mp3 player...its like ps2 vs xbox . i chose the minidisc cause i like being able to have my music on a disc not just loading on shit onto this lil device. also alot of the mp3 things are just so damn tiny that when you take them snowboarding the battery freezes an says its low batt. not with my minidisc. :o
Pages: 1 2