Your Boarding Source

Full Version: Questions ?????????????????????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do people think attitude is on the hill now ?
I know that you people in the US had it pretty difficult at the start with hills banning boarding (is anyone old enough to have been affected by this ?).
In europe in the early 90s there were a lot of hard booters wearing dayglo ski gear but generally everyone got on. Maybe now there is a more conflict as the number of boarders increase every year.

Is snowboarding become more fashion dominated ? Boarders far better than I can ever dream of being were ripping it up in the mid 90s with old gear, would the latest high end binding have made any difference?

Stepin vs straps ? who cares - just ride (I ride SI - the extra rigidity supports my crumbling ankles better so I can ride longer - also find a long heel edge traverse easier , maybe I am just weird)

Is everyone a freestyle rider now ?

Am I too old to wear Vans skate shoes ? , bought 1st pair in early 80s mail order thru Thrasher mag (I am from England so this was a big deal at the time)and been buying them ever since !

Steve
They've still banned snowboarding at Taos....idiots :mad: As for the skate shoes anything's better then brown penny loafers I say Big Grin....when I get old I swear never to fluff my hair up and wear 5 lbs of hairspray, or purple dresses with red socks, or plaid with stripes, or do any other strange or weird things :p but I am getting off topic.....oh well not like anybody else but me cares to post in this thread.... Rolleyes
There are still resorts that ban snowboards??? why!?!
I emailed them asking just that, they wrote back saying it wouldn't be in their "best interests" to allow snowboarding. Something about their resort being known as an "exclusive resort where skiers come from all over for the skiing experience" and they don't want to ruin that image of being very posh and skier friendly. Taos is supposed to be more of an advanced resort with few beginner slopes, so they also probly don't want a bunch of newbie boarders cluttering up the slopes. Only the "pros with the deep pockets" for them :mad:
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:I emailed them asking just that, they wrote back saying it wouldn't be in their "best interests" to allow snowboarding. Something about their resort being known as an "exclusive resort where skiers come from all over for the skiing experience" and they don't want to ruin that image of being very posh and skier friendly. Taos is supposed to be more of an advanced resort with few beginner slopes, so they also probly don't want a bunch of newbie boarders cluttering up the slopes. Only the "pros with the deep pockets" for them :mad:

I have to say, that is very very stupid. Most ski resorts probably get 2/3 of their profits from snowboarding, they are just too stupid to realize it
jam*wil Wrote:I have to say, that is very very stupid. Most ski resorts probably get 2/3 of their profits from snowboarding, they are just too stupid to realize it

uh huh, someday us snowboarders will take over the world!!! :eek: .....anyways I'm glad my local resort kinda caters to snowboarders as well as skiers, they just expanded their snowboard shop, the downside is I couldn't afford a single darn sticker in that place even if I wanted one Rolleyes
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:uh huh, someday us snowboarders will take over the world!!! :eek: .....anyways I'm glad my local resort kinda caters to snowboarders as well as skiers, they just expanded their snowboard shop, the downside is I couldn't afford a single darn sticker in that place even if I wanted one Rolleyes
atleast u actualy have a snowboard shop
someloser*rider Wrote:atleast u actualy have a snowboard shop

yeah, anything for money that's their motto :p
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:yeah, anything for money that's their motto :p

hehehehahahahaaa.. ....haha... so true.