Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Creative Mind At Work!
Check out this template I made for a website... I'm not sure what the website is gonna be yet, probably just my personal one... Oh ya, here's the link (http://www.jamwil.strikehosting.com/jamwil). I also spent some time in paintshop pro and made that logo... pretty basic but whatever. Since this will probably be my personal site, I am also up to suggestions as to the content which goes on it, like sections or whatever... Right now I'm gonna have a snowboarding section, a php section also for my flite forum project I'm doing right now and other than that I need some ideas... This last part is for snowbordprincess: Maybe I'll even have a forum...
jam*wil Wrote:This last part is for snowbordprincess: Maybe I'll even have a forum...
omg I swear...haha dude you're too much :freak: Wink
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:omg I swear...haha dude you're too much :freak: Wink
I was just joshin ya... whats the point of having a forum on my personal website... I think i'll just make a comment or a guestbook system... Unless my site gets a lot of trafic and becomes a hit a forum would be pointless... It's a shame that Snowbored thing didn't work out... that site rocked, everybody who didn't sign up didn't rock, they didn't rock at all...
jam*wil Wrote:I was just joshin ya... whats the point of having a forum on my personal website... I think i'll just make a comment or a guestbook system... Unless my site gets a lot of trafic and becomes a hit a forum would be pointless... It's a shame that Snowbored thing didn't work out... that site rocked, everybody who didn't sign up didn't rock, they didn't rock at all...
I signed up, you shoulda kept it up man
jam*wil Wrote:I was just joshin ya... whats the point of having a forum on my personal website... I think i'll just make a comment or a guestbook system... Unless my site gets a lot of trafic and becomes a hit a forum would be pointless... It's a shame that Snowbored thing didn't work out... that site rocked, everybody who didn't sign up didn't rock, they didn't rock at all...
yeah that forum was awesome...too bad. how does this site and snowboard.com get so much traffic but other places hardly do, and they're not bad at all? how's a person supposed to climb the ladder of success if they don't get a chance? not fair at all....
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:yeah that forum was awesome...too bad. how does this site and snowboard.com get so much traffic but other places hardly do, and they're not bad at all? how's a person supposed to climb the ladder of success if they don't get a chance? not fair at all....
Search Engines and in the case of Snowboard.com: heavy advertising... I found this site by accident on google. I think that if I had actually spent some time optimizing that site for the search engines and buying a real domain name (the only one available was http://www.snowbored.org), I could have made it work... but whatever. I spent so much time working on that site too, oh well, know my possibilities are endless now that I know php... I can do anything!!! A friend of mine wanted to pay me money to do a job for him but I didnt cuz I had to concentrate on school... Anyways, we should ask dear old admin how he mad it in the big leagues...
jam*wil Wrote:Anyways, we should ask dear old admin how he mad it in the big leagues...
yeah we should...are you planning on making a career out of this stuff you've been learning?
no, more as just a hobby to make a few extra bucks on the side... the thing is, anything involving the internet is extremely hard to be succesful because there are just sooo many people doing it... Like admin doesn't do this site as a career. I think his only source of revenue on this site is that "the-house.com" ad at the top of your page, that's probably just enough though to cover the costs of running the server and maintnence and all that.
jam*wil Wrote:no, more as just a hobby to make a few extra bucks on the side... the thing is, anything involving the internet is extremely hard to be succesful because there are just sooo many people doing it... Like admin doesn't do this site as a career. I think his only source of revenue on this site is that "the-house.com" ad at the top of your page, that's probably just enough though to cover the costs of running the server and maintnence and all that.
yeah i wonder if the server would be able to handle the amount of traffic snowboarding.com gets? theirs is down a lot...
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:yeah i wonder if the server would be able to handle the amount of traffic snowboarding.com gets? theirs is down a lot...
Hey I had never been to snowboarding.com. It seems like not a bad site, but, just cuz I know everybody here, and I spent a lot of time becoming a respectable member of this community, I'll chill here instead of there. Yo admin, you should give this site a face lift, I've been staring at the same old shade of blue for waaay to long... lol.
jam*wil Wrote:Hey I had never been to snowboarding.com. It seems like not a bad site, but, just cuz I know everybody here, and I spent a lot of time becoming a respectable member of this community, I'll chill here instead of there. Yo admin, you should give this site a face lift, I've been staring at the same old shade of blue for waaay to long... lol.
yeah just a curiousity...I wonder if this site will ever get 500+ new members a day? not that it needs to, I like it the way it is, I personally think the layout and setup is better than snowboarding.com....if this site had a little more advertising, we could be bigger then them I think. when we gonna get going with the "snowboarding2.com" hoodies and t-shirts? Big Grin
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:yeah just a curiousity...I wonder if this site will ever get 500+ new members a day? not that it needs to, I like it the way it is, I personally think the layout and setup is better than snowboarding.com....if this site had a little more advertising, we could be bigger then them I think. when we gonna get going with the "snowboarding2.com" hoodies and t-shirts? Big Grin
remove the ".com" and I'll wear it... it'd look cool to wear "Snowboarding2" on a t-shirt!Big Grin
Dre Wrote:remove the ".com" and I'll wear it... it'd look cool to wear "Snowboarding2" on a t-shirt!Big Grin
yeah, anything to do with a computer on a t-shirt is for nerds...
:crying:
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:yeah just a curiousity...I wonder if this site will ever get 500+ new members a day? not that it needs to, I like it the way it is, I personally think the layout and setup is better than snowboarding.com....if this site had a little more advertising, we could be bigger then them I think. when we gonna get going with the "snowboarding2.com" hoodies and t-shirts? Big Grin
I like the amount of members we have right now, everybody knows who everybody is and it's sweet... there's enough members that you don't get a one post every 3 days but there isn't too much that you can't keep up with anything...
jam*wil Wrote:....there isn't too much that you can't keep up with anything...
yeah I agree, too many posts and my head starts spinning
hehe :freak:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do you work? jam*wil 33 8,430 11-11-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wereandtear
  New Work cambece 4 1,709 11-02-2021, 02:07 PM
  Work trip cambece 4 2,684 10-28-2021, 07:19 PM
  What I am like at work, when I get mad Brodiekiller 12 3,069 10-12-2021, 11:37 AM
  Videos that don't work ElDanio 10 3,400 10-04-2021, 01:37 AM
  Is the internet a good thing (in relation to school/college work)? SteveWhite 5 1,998 10-03-2021, 01:35 PM