Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Snowboard Painting
Is it okay if i paint some stripes on my board using fusion paint? OR will it just come off after a couple of runs?
Burton all the way
Hmm does anyone want to give me pointers?
Burton all the way
Search on google for "custom snowboard" or "custom snowboard paint" and you should find some people's experiences with re-painting their boards.

Typically it doesn't work. It scratches easily, it a PITA to do and doens't last.

That's not to say that you couldn't put stripes on it, but you might find that soon enough they'll be scrappy looking stripes.

I don't know enough about paint to give you a comprehensive answer, but search on google like I mentioned and I'm sure you'll find some other experiences.
Here's how someone else did it:
http://www.adrenalintrip.net/forums/view...47&forum=1
Drink more milk. Support your local cow.
Trilby Wrote:Here's how someone else did it:
http://www.adrenalintrip.net/forums/view...47&forum=1
thats really cool.
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegitarian.
WEll i did it anywayz and itz great! put like 4 coats on it and itz fine
Burton all the way
Can we see Smile Got any pics?
i don't hae any pics cuz i'm gonna paint another design with the stripes torm. I'll keep ya posted!
Burton all the way
It'd be great to see some before, during and after pictures Smile
SIMS Nexus 153
Firefly bindings C20
Liquid Impact LS3 boots

Mole Vega 154
i tried painting my board on the bottom, with just spray paint, and when i waxed it, it all melted off and the paint got in some scratches. any way i could get it out, and maybe paint the bottom?
rayp1080 Wrote:i tried painting my board on the bottom, with just spray paint, and when i waxed it, it all melted off and the paint got in some scratches. any way i could get it out, and maybe paint the bottom?
not really sure, but i thought the bottoms were done w/ coloured P-tex
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegitarian.
rayp1080 Wrote:i tried painting my board on the bottom, with just spray paint, and when i waxed it, it all melted off and the paint got in some scratches. any way i could get it out, and maybe paint the bottom?

I'd use meths or something like that. Paint-thinner would probably kill the base. It'll probably come out in time though, so it might just be worth waiting. I definitely wouldn't paint the bottom of my board. For starters, its going to stop wax absorbing in to the base, which is how they're meant to work.
Drink more milk. Support your local cow.
best thing to use is a car paint system like PPG's Deltron or DuPont's Chroma System. Expensive(especially with reds), tricky to shoot on, and dangerous(the hardeners/activators used in the system can trigger a deadly episode of asthma in a few people), but the looks and longevity are worth it.
Trilby Wrote:I'd use meths or something like that. Paint-thinner would probably kill the base. It'll probably come out in time though, so it might just be worth waiting. I definitely wouldn't paint the bottom of my board. For starters, its going to stop wax absorbing in to the base, which is how they're meant to work.
Base cleaners have petroleum solvents in it. I used PPG DX330 wax and grease remover on my base once, it didn't hurt it.
Why risk mucking up a nice snowboard. Why not just buy one with graphics you like?
http://www.bargainboards.co.uk
Discount Snowboarding Gear

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  removing scratch on snowboard sicker 2 3,173 03-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Last Post: chrysler_12
  Just a little tip for snowboard boots ElDanio 5 2,651 01-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Last Post: FlowMaster
  What kind of snowboard? nikkk 5 2,076 12-30-2005, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Jrobb
  Learn How to Snowboard. asoundlife 6 10,904 12-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Last Post: repins
  Snowboard Size Calculators SnoBordPrincess 0 9,384 01-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Last Post: SnoBordPrincess
  Anyone know a good relyable beginners snowboard??? Burton_Blondie 9 3,010 03-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Burton_Blondie
  ski/snowboard real or artificial hargi22 0 1,585 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: