Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (Civilized) Debate Thread
is a sticky possible, admin? amber?

Should euthanasia be legalized?
[Image: image,Beky,white,black.png]
we're not so good with debates on here...

and no, that's the most rediculous thing ever if they were to legalize it.
[Image: 6g1wbhf.jpg]
the attitude that snowboarding is fun regardless of pow or rain, big mountain or small mountain, box or groomer
I'm not the most opinionated person about most things. Very few major things really catch my attention, actually. :undecided
[Image: siglyness.jpg]
executiveblondi Wrote:Should euthanasia be legalized?

It should be mandatory in some cases....

Unless, if by 'euthanasia' you mean 'marijuana'...

I would say it should be mandatory in some cases.
Dino00235 Wrote:It should be mandatory in some cases....

Unless, if by 'euthanasia' you mean 'marijuana'...

I would say it should be mandatory in some cases.

[chant]Euthanasia NO! Marijuana YES![/chant]
[Image: 47b5d900b3127cce9340d05cafa700000016108AcuHDdm3bNE]
Someone really hates old people to legalize euthansia
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
first off, yes it should be legalized. so should marijuana.

second, civilized debates arnt fun.

so whats your reason for saying no? dont you think its really a personal choice?
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegitarian.
oh wow....you guys are anti-google, aren't you?!

euthanasia is assisted suicide....like if a patient is severely depressed and they know that they want to die, they would go to their doctor and ask them to help them die peacefully.

google "dr. kevorkian'

NOTHING to do with marijuana, nothing to do with old people LOL

it's not about putting people down like sick animals...euthanasia is putting people down when they decide that they want to be put down.

legalizing euthanasia would legalize suicide...and bring a lot of other issues to the surface, like whether a person with a chemical imbalance causing depression is mentally fit to make such a decision
For the record I knew what it was...

executiveblondi Wrote:oh wow....you guys are anti-google, aren't you?!
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegitarian.
First off euthenasia was invented by Nazi Germany (or Soviet Russia depends on the circumstances). It was used to kill off the useless people i.e. those to old to contribute to society. Assisted suicide is different from euthenasia because the person has a choice to die, but euthanasia is the government of some organization saying you should die because you can't contribute to society or because you are disabled (mentally or physically).

Besides if a person takes their life we consider it cowardice, but if they use the cover of assisted suicide it's seen as a way to end suffering. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, you should not be allowed to kill oneself if your depressed (because you are in a very bad state of mind). If a person is in pain and wishes to die is when it gets murky, if I was in pain and nothing could be used to stop it (illegal drugs or otherwise) I believe I would still choose to live with it because thats just the type of person I am.

So I would say I am for the current standing of the law which says Euthanasia is illegal (except for Oragon but I disagree with this law.)
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
eu·tha·na·sia ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yth-nzh, -zh-)
n.
The act or practice of ending the life of an individual suffering from a terminal illness or an incurable condition, as by lethal injection or the suspension of extraordinary medical treatment.
(dictionary.com)

in oregon, the law is that a doctor can perscribe a lethal drug to a patient but cannot administer it.

anyway, so you think that if someone had like 3 botched surgeries, is suffering from depression, and will lead a generally painful full-length life, they shouldn't be allowed to end it sooner???

isn't the point of life to be happy? if happiness is impossible, as decided by the living person, why can't life end? it has nothing to do with cowardice...sometimes emotional/mental pain is more severe than physical pain, or at least it makes a more lasting impression. if a person has been depressed their whole life, by the time they're like 40 they may be jaded with the whole living-breathing-thining shebang...is it justified to judge them doing what they feel is necessary? why isn't it brave and noble to make the decision for yourself when your death occurs?
i just rememberd something i heard on the radio a little while ago:

why are sick animals saved from long-term suffering by being put down, but humans cannot be?
i say if you want to die then by all means die...
of course i also say that if two consenting adults agree to fight to the death.. they should be allowed to as well...
Brodie - coming to a country near you
Stu Brodie Wrote:i say if you want to die then by all means die...
of course i also say that if two consenting adults agree to fight to the death.. they should be allowed to as well...

Well said....

I think that the obvious solution is to make terminaly ill patients fight to the death. And televise it. Hey, if they do well in the ring... they will have to live to fight another day, but if they lose... well, thats what they wanted anyways. Everybody wins! Even the spectators!

Yeah.... things are gonna be different when I am in charge of everything....
Bring Out The Gladiators!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dudes! I get to make a snow thread!!! SnoBordPrincess 27 7,008 12-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Last Post: SnoBordPrincess
  the Post Your Desk thread Dirty Doug 32 6,623 04-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Last Post: jam*wil
  Offical "BrokeBack" spoofs thread Brodiekiller 7 2,254 03-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Dino00235
  The "Picture of yourself thread" FatePhotography 50 9,384 02-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Last Post: fr0st m0nkey
  The Thread to Convince Executiveblondi to Post Pics of Herself Brodiekiller 23 5,456 11-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Last Post: willrideforfood
  The Thread to Convince BrodieKiller to Post Pics of Himself with Braces executiveblondi 25 4,945 10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Brodiekiller
  Brodiekillers Mug..The long awaited Thread!!! Brodiekiller 16 3,796 08-12-2005, 04:04 PM
  The Post your house thread! nitro852 24 4,805 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dre
  Paintball talk thread, wewt Malachi 4 2,246 02-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Last Post: stang79
  The "S2 Post Your Pic" Thread DirtyD669 41 11,592 02-04-2005, 09:34 PM