Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
burton cartel's or ride spi's?
Have any of you guys tried either of these bindings out? I'm getting a new setup after this season and I'm wondering which binding I should get. Both of them are around the same price so I want to know the differences between them and which one is worth what I'm paying for
Either upgrade to Ride Tomcats, or go with the Burtons... simply because of the toe-cap strap.
The burton Cartels are soo sweet.!
We stand sideways. We sleep on floors. We get up early and go to sleep late. We've been mocked. We've been turned away by cops that won't have us. We are relentless. We dream it, we make it, we break it, we fix it. We create. We destroy. We wreck ourselves day in and day out and yet we stomp that one trick or find that one line that keeps us coming back.We progress. WE SNOWBOARD
Agreed. Cartels do rock. Very responsive binding.
If you had one more eye you'd be a cyclops.

Aesop Rock
go with burton, i got the 06 burton custom ltd's and they are awesome
Burton all the way
Oh god. SPi's hands down! 100% aluminum man...much more sturdy and responsive than the Cartels. It seems I'm the minority here, but thats not even a real contest.
[Image: underminebanner.jpg]
QUOTE=jjyank]Oh god. SPi's hands down! 100% aluminum man...much more sturdy and responsive than the Cartels. It seems I'm the minority here, but thats not even a real contest.[/QUOTE]

It depends on each person's riding style. I’ve been riding super stiff bindings, C60s, Migs and some stiff binding from Salomon. When I first tried on Cartels last year or 2 year back, it felt noodlely. I can bend it side to side and forward without much effort when standing still, the high back support is very nice. I wouldn’t use this binding if you are a hardcore freerider. If you are into freestyle or just some easy blue/single diamonds, you should be okay on this binding. My vote would go with SPi, it’s much more versatile. Stiff enough for all mountain riding, but still flexy enough for any freestyle riding.1

Btw, I broke the high back of my cartels 2 or 3x alrdy, this might be the reason why I’m leaning toward the SPis. I’m biased. =P
__________Eric__________
05/06 - Arbor A-Frame (62)
03/04 - Ride Flight Migs
03/04 - Salomon F24

04/05 - Salomon Era (58)

06/07 - Ride DH (55)
06/07 - Ride Beta
06/07 - DC Judge
ride spi's upgrade with baltimore capstrap. cartels are great but you feel the difference with the spi's.
Tried out my Cartels yesterday for the first time. Spent about 10hrs on the mountain, so I can give a pretty good feedback.

First time I took the Cartels out of the box, I noticed they were light and look pretty damn sexy(bought the white w/green anodized buckles). Easy to strap in, toe cap works like a charm and very comfy. Also very adjustable to your own likings. I personally like the adjustable toe ramp; for better toe edge power/control.

I ripped it downhill pretty hard all day, so far no issues with durabilty.

I haven't tried the SPIs before, but I think going with the Cartels....you won't go wrong.

Peace.
Get The Rides!
[SIZE="5"]RIDE Fleetwood 155
K2 Cinch CTS
ThirtyTwo TM-Two
[/SIZE]
groovy4 Wrote:Tried out my Cartels yesterday for the first time. Spent about 10hrs on the mountain, so I can give a pretty good feedback.

First time I took the Cartels out of the box, I noticed they were light and look pretty damn sexy(bought the white w/green anodized buckles). Easy to strap in, toe cap works like a charm and very comfy. Also very adjustable to your own likings. I personally like the adjustable toe ramp; for better toe edge power/control.

I ripped it downhill pretty hard all day, so far no issues with durabilty.

I haven't tried the SPIs before, but I think going with the Cartels....you won't go wrong.

Peace.

The SPi's are just as adjustable, so thats not an issue while comparing the two. As Eric said, it does depend on your style. I'm a freestyle rider, and I still prefer the SPi's though. I really think Ride > Burton in the binding department, but to each his own.
[Image: underminebanner.jpg]
thanks for your feedback everyone. I think I'll be going with the spi's because I basiclly just freeride, and occasionally I go into the park. So the cartels break easily? I own a ride LS binding at the moment, and the binding clicker broke 2 weeks ago, so I want something that will last.
WuMIster Wrote:thanks for your feedback everyone. I think I'll be going with the spi's because I basiclly just freeride, and occasionally I go into the park. So the cartels break easily? I own a ride LS binding at the moment, and the binding clicker broke 2 weeks ago, so I want something that will last.
you could just replace that particular strap... for a hell of a lot cheaper than getting new bindings.
jam*wil Wrote:you could just replace that particular strap... for a hell of a lot cheaper than getting new bindings.

Yeah. Cartels are made to last pluss Burton is a very GOOD company. My friends custom buckles broke, he wrote them, they wrote back telling him to call, he called, they sent him new buckles in a week. Not much questions asked just as long as he didn;t take a hack saw to them. I'm deffinatly going with burton for my next binding.
We stand sideways. We sleep on floors. We get up early and go to sleep late. We've been mocked. We've been turned away by cops that won't have us. We are relentless. We dream it, we make it, we break it, we fix it. We create. We destroy. We wreck ourselves day in and day out and yet we stomp that one trick or find that one line that keeps us coming back.We progress. WE SNOWBOARD
I had a pair of Ride bindings (lower end EX I think) once and the strap bolts kept falling off until I loctited them. They were unconfortable too. Now I'm on Burton Mission with capstrap and they are 10 times comfier, 20 times more reliable. They are just better from my experience. Higher end Ride bindings look much better then the ones I had though... but now I can't ride without a capstrap.

One thing, I took off the useless (in my case) locking flad thing on the Burtons so the hiback wont snap if it gets caught under the chairlift and it makes them a bit lighter.

My vote: Cartels

Dan Gerous
: check my blog for snowboarding stuff

DAN.GEROUS.NET

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Burton Fusion Bindings jvnyc 4 2,105 09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Last Post: jvnyc
  Question about Ride & K2 bindings Jimi77 14 2,711 09-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Jimi77
  GNU Bindings on a Burton board dumper 2 2,466 09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Dan Gerous
  06/07 Ride website now online! Dan Gerous 3 1,318 06-17-2006, 10:00 PM
  Which boots will go with the Burton Capstraps? alpinebine 4 1,663 06-06-2006, 11:03 AM
  Difference between Ride SPi and Tomcats (and Team) 4130 4 1,352 05-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Trader97
  does heat molding burton boots help loosen up the toe area alot ChestnutMtnMAN 1 1,539 04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Last Post: boarded
  Anyone ride without rear foot toe strap? gmacrae 5 1,880 04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Last Post: boarded
  Burton Boards and other brand bindings danvaught 7 1,978 04-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Last Post: asd
  New 07 Ride bindings! Dan Gerous 18 3,863 04-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Last Post: jam*wil