Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowboard too wide?
Hi I just bought a used 05 Palmer Burn 154 with a 25.1cm waist width. Is this too wide for my small size 8 feet? I usually ride a 15/-6 binding setup.

Any general rules of thumb regarding a maximum waist width? There's lots of discussion regarding the minimum waist width for big feet but nothing I've found for smaller feet.

If the board feels too wide would risers help with any edge response issues that may come up with riding a board too wide?

Thanks!
GeoFX Wrote:Hi I just bought a used 05 Palmer Burn 154 with a 25.1cm waist width. Is this too wide for my small size 8 feet? I usually ride a 15/-6 binding setup.

Any general rules of thumb regarding a maximum waist width? There's lots of discussion regarding the minimum waist width for big feet but nothing I've found for smaller feet.

If the board feels too wide would risers help with any edge response issues that may come up with riding a board too wide?

Thanks!

Not at all, you should be fine with size 8 boots. No worries Big Grin

Generally, anything 10 and below can fit on just about everything...especially with a duck stance.
[Image: underminebanner.jpg]
GeoFX Wrote:Hi I just bought a used 05 Palmer Burn 154 with a 25.1cm waist width. Is this too wide for my small size 8 feet? I usually ride a 15/-6 binding setup.

Thanks!

How much do you weigh? If you weigh a little more you may be fine, I dunno though.
Do your boots hang over the edge at all? Risers are for feet that are too big and aren't that great, and would probably make it worse. You want your feet to hang over a little to get the most control and more leverage carve. I would say it might be too wide only because my 52 solution is 24.8 and I have 11 boots and I don't have any drag issues.
Hmmm...seems to be some conflicting opinions. :confused: FYI - I weigh about 145lbs. Standing on the board in bare feet my heel and toe is pretty much flush with the edges at the stance width I'm using.

The board is supposed to be an all-mountain freestyle board. Are freestyle boards usually a little wider than freeride boards for a given waist width? Would the usually deeper sidecut of a freestyle board compensate any issues with the wider width with respect to turning?
That;s a wide board but it won't be a problem.
I think that the HyperOutdoor longboard is best for anyone because it enables the person who rides it with many safety features. The best one feature I like in this HyperOutdoor longboard is the feature of turning by just pressing the either side you want to turn. There are a lot more features as well in it which you can better check on the official HyperOutdoor website. Keep it up!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to buy snowboard for cheap? razz 13 2,823 04-09-2019, 02:03 AM
Last Post: PaulElie
  Mt. Hood Snowboard Camp FlowMaster 9 3,487 03-29-2019, 11:04 PM
Last Post: PaulElie
  looking for snowboard buddies jinsei 15 3,561 10-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Trader97
  New snowboard! jjyank 14 2,372 09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Last Post: jjyank
  Snowboard related but slightly off-topic Trilby 6 1,378 09-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Trilby
  Highly Recommended: Google Earth Ski/Snowboard Resort Map alex 0 973 05-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Last Post: alex
  Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix Ship 157w Snowboard skuba 8 4,382 04-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Last Post: FlowMaster
  snowboard movies... can you dig it!?!? jam*wil 13 2,187 03-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Last Post: FlowMaster
  Looking for a "Snow Bunny" to snowboard with? AZSNOWBOARDER 20 2,938 02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Last Post: jjyank
  Burton Shaun White Snowboard abc123 0 1,166 02-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Last Post: abc123