Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush Was Right!
Hey you all you liberal/democratic punks! I started a band and we're gonna send a pro right wing Bush message to all you suckers..Pop/Punk style!Big Grin

Here's our first single:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o762HKxYMeA&eurl
Burton Custom '04
Burton Mission bindings '05
Burton Freestyle Boots '05

Park set up:
Burtom Dominant Slick '05
Ride Ex Bindings '05
Ride Haze Boots '06
Yeah, man! Rock on! Bush was so right!

Uhm, wait, though... About what again? Angel
Cool song, except that Bush wasn't right about anything. He only misled/lied to the American people too many times to count.
[Image: underminebanner.jpg]
oooh, he's not thaaaat bad. I'd definitely prefer him up here than the corrupt liberal gov't we had before the election.
If this turns too political, it's going to get real ugly real quick, but in a nutshell, if the best thing you can say about someone (or anything really) is that it's better than something else which also sucks, uh, there's a problem. Our leaders really need to be held to much higher standards than that.

Would you ever strap sneakers to your snowboard because "they're better than sandals?" Hell, no. You'd get something that would actually work, such as boots - preferably some with a proven history of quality.

The problem in this country is that people research material goods before they buy them, but not candidates before they vote for them. There's no emphasis on demanding quality leadership. And, what's worse, there's no liability in failing to deliver it.

Maybe, generations ago, things were different, but for as long as I've been old enough to pay attention, every single election seems to be "Dweedle-Dee" vs. "Dweedle-Dum", but no one ever cares enough to, oh, I dunno, vote for someone else. We all just pick whoever our friends or family picked. The only other motivator seems to be picking whoever our non-friends didn't. But, the actual candidate? Phfft. Who cares?
That's all fine and good, but how are you going to change it.

I always hear people *****ing about stuff like that, but they don`t have any idea or desire to do anything to change the situation. Most of the time that is a rant I hear from people to rationalize their voter and general political apathy. The only way it will ever change is if people begin to demand it.
Nate_doggg Wrote:That's all fine and good, but how are you going to change it.

I always hear people *****ing about stuff like that, but they don`t have any idea or desire to do anything to change the situation. Most of the time that is a rant I hear from people to rationalize their voter and general political apathy. The only way it will ever change is if people begin to demand it.
Well, for what it's worth, last time around, I thought one of 'em was a good candidate, so I not only voted for him but also did some charity work to support his campaign. So, I did do my part. I'm just sick of people who defend or support someone (and people on both sides do it) because "well, at least he's better than so-and-so". It's like, seriously, if that's the nicest thing you can say, at what point do you realize something might be wrong? Supporting crap simply because you don't like different crap is just retarded. That's straight from the dictionary.

Check it - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=retarded

But, like I said, if this gets political, it's going to get ugly. All I'm saying is that I personally stood behind my guy because I happened to actually like him - not merely because he was "better than the alternative". That's my main point - Support whoever you want; I'm fine with that. But, c'mon - please have an actual reason.
GimmeSnow Wrote:All I'm saying is that I personally stood behind my guy because I happened to actually like him - not merely because he was "better than the alternative". That's my main point - Support whoever you want; I'm fine with that. But, c'mon - please have an actual reason.

May I ask who your "guy" was?

I'm only 14, but I know some stuff I geuss. I have something to say though, if your voting for canidate B because hes better than A, thats bad? Are you supposed to vote for canidate C who is the under dog that no one has heard of? (who, btw, is just a bit better than B) or are you supposed to write your own name on the ballet?

I think "Canidate B is much better than corrupted canidate A" is a good enough reason to vote for Canidate B.

I think the only reason Bush is seen as so bad is because all the corrupt democratic media asses make fun of him and show all the bad things hes done (everyone makes mistakes) and not say anything about the good things.

All the liberal asses say "Oh yeah, we want terrorists caught, but no ****ing way can you listen in on a conversation from a suspected terrorist. Thats against the law" (but its not against the law, America is at war and Bush has the right to do that)

And Ferinhieght 911 was bullshit. You really think Bush new the twin towers were going to get hit before it happened? that'd be the stupidest thing since alluminum baseplates.
We stand sideways. We sleep on floors. We get up early and go to sleep late. We've been mocked. We've been turned away by cops that won't have us. We are relentless. We dream it, we make it, we break it, we fix it. We create. We destroy. We wreck ourselves day in and day out and yet we stomp that one trick or find that one line that keeps us coming back.We progress. WE SNOWBOARD
asd Wrote:I think the only reason Bush is seen as so bad is because all the corrupt democratic media asses make fun of him and show all the bad things hes done (everyone makes mistakes) and not say anything about the good things.

All the liberal asses say "Oh yeah, we want terrorists caught, but no ****ing way can you listen in on a conversation from a suspected terrorist. Thats against the law" (but its not against the law, America is at war and Bush has the right to do that)

And Ferinhieght 911 was bullshit. You really think Bush new the twin towers were going to get hit before it happened? that'd be the stupidest thing since alluminum baseplates.
ok, first thing. i do agree that the media usually exxagerates a story to sell it and its true that everyone makes mistakes, but I think that the President of the United States is an occupation, like brain surgery or defusing live bombs, that should require very few mistakes. you know? im not saying i want a perfect president, just one who doesnt make so many mistakes.

but i totally agree with you with regards to anti-terrorism and wire-tapping. just as i know that my parents as an authority(and becuase im only 16),have a right to find out what they need to find out about me, the government, as an authority(and us being citizens) should have the right to find out more about citizens and residents;its part of homeland security!

oh yea and about 911...i agree that dubya definetely would not have dismissed direct information that the towers would be attacked, but my guess is that it is either false information or he did not act upon a lot of warnings from experts...
[Image: star-sig.jpg]
asd Wrote:May I ask who your "guy" was?

I think "Canidate B is much better than corrupted canidate A" is a good enough reason to vote for Canidate B.
Who my guy is doesn't change what I'm saying, which is the only reason I omitted mentioning it. If you believe that Bush did a good job capturing Osa- err, I mean Sadamn, or you believe his strong stance in favor of "family values" is respectable, etc, then okay, say so. Say "Bush stands up for what he believes in, and that's cool!". You have every right to feel that way and vote accordingly.

BUT, if the single best thing you can muster about a guy is that he's better than someone else whom you also think sucks (which is exactly what jam*wil just did), then that's pretty weak. Either defend your opinion with solid and meaningful points, or just don't bother. Because, quite frankly, not doing so makes both you and your position look bad.

If someone told you they were going out tonight to a bar which was, quote, "better than the dentist", would you want to join them? I'm guessing probably not. No, if you were going to be convinced this was a place worth your time, you'd want to hear something positive about it. Otherwise, you're probably not too interested.

And, THAT'S what I'm saying. So, who I actually voted for doesn't matter. But, if I were to defend my choice, it wouldn't be by pointing out the weaknesses of his opponent; it'd be about his own strengths. Get it?
GimmeSnow Wrote:I'm just sick of people who defend or support someone (and people on both sides do it) because "well, at least he's better than so-and-so". It's like, seriously, if that's the nicest thing you can say, at what point do you realize something might be wrong?

I agree with that point whole-heartedly.
asd Wrote:May I ask who your "guy" was?

I'm only 14, but I know some stuff I geuss. I have something to say though, if your voting for canidate B because hes better than A, thats bad? Are you supposed to vote for canidate C who is the under dog that no one has heard of? (who, btw, is just a bit better than B) or are you supposed to write your own name on the ballet?

I think the only reason Bush is seen as so bad is because all the corrupt democratic media asses make fun of him and show all the bad things hes done (everyone makes mistakes) and not say anything about the good things.

Actually, not only is that against the law, but it is unconstitutional and infringes on the rights of the American people. Bush does not have the right to listen in on citizens' conversations, no matter what the circumstances. That is undermocratic and if you support that you are supporting a totalitarian police state. Republicans as well as Democrats both have serious problems with that. It is not a partisan issue - what he did was wrong and illegal.

And the role of the media is to be critical of politicians. When they stop properly performing that role you get serious ****-ups, like Iraq.

Not that I liked Frarenheit 911, but Michael Moore never claimed that Bush knew that the twin towers were going to be attacked before the fact.

I understand that you're only 14, but I think you need to keep a bit more of an open mind rather than stating everything as fact.
GimmeSnow Wrote:Who my guy is doesn't change what I'm saying, which is the only reason I omitted mentioning it. If you believe that Bush did a good job capturing Osa- err, I mean Sadamn, or you believe his strong stance in favor of "family values" is respectable, etc, then okay, say so. Say "Bush stands up for what he believes in, and that's cool!". You have every right to feel that way and vote accordingly.

BUT, if the single best thing you can muster about a guy is that he's better than someone else whom you also think sucks (which is exactly what jam*wil just did), then that's pretty weak. Either defend your opinion with solid and meaningful points, or just don't bother. Because, quite frankly, not doing so makes both you and your position look bad.

If someone told you they were going out tonight to a bar which was, quote, "better than the dentist", would you want to join them? I'm guessing probably not. No, if you were going to be convinced this was a place worth your time, you'd want to hear something positive about it. Otherwise, you're probably not too interested.

And, THAT'S what I'm saying. So, who I actually voted for doesn't matter. But, if I were to defend my choice, it wouldn't be by pointing out the weaknesses of his opponent; it'd be about his own strengths. Get it?

The problem is that political campaigns are no longer run on issues, but are rather smear campaigns about who can **** up the least. When the system is set up in such a way it lends itself to voting for the lesser of two evils.
asd Wrote:I think the only reason Bush is seen as so bad is because all the corrupt democratic media asses make fun of him and show all the bad things hes done (everyone makes mistakes) and not say anything about the good things.

Bush is seen so bad cause he gave the media MANY MANY chances to exploit his faults. If Bush is as clean as a newly bought never used snowboard base, Media can't have half as much fun it is now.

Quote:All the liberal asses say "Oh yeah, we want terrorists caught, but no ****ing way can you listen in on a conversation from a suspected terrorist. Thats against the law" (but its not against the law, America is at war and Bush has the right to do that)

Liberal asses? lol, Bush is the one that continue to state he will catch who? so now these Liberal asses is using Bush's words to get back at him, now the liberal asses is at fault? I don't understand this sentiment. On your 2nd point, land of the free? blah blah blah, you know, what US is stand for? So basically are you saying if America is at war, we can forget what ideals this country is built on and do whatever is neccesseary? That totally do not sound like democratic.

Quote:And Ferinhieght 911 was bullshit. You really think Bush new the twin towers were going to get hit before it happened? that'd be the stupidest thing since alluminum baseplates.

It was BS? I don't know how much of Moore presented was actually facts. But the ideas of Bush's administration had knew of some sort of attack was going to happen is believable. Bush's administration did not act on it, is one of the biggest mistakes of any presidency. It’s funny, but I think I’m one of the rare people that watched Fahrenheit 911 and became more pro-bush because of it.

Now my views of US voting system and Bush.
Many people vote base on which party they are in, on religious believes, family values, and other non direct relevant facts. Non of the above tells you the ability a person to run a country. Unfortunately, this is what this country has become.

And then there are people like me, who votes base on their own benefits. I always ask “What can this president do for me?” I can careless about what a president can do for this country because most of them only try to maintain US in the same status. No one would try to push for advances. I don’t blame them because if they try and do something more and messes up, the media, basically the entire population will be on their asses.

Bush made many mistakes but at least he’s got guts and try to push and advance this country. What he’s doing for this country is far greater than many presidencies have done in the last 20 years. His approach might not be the greatest but at least he’s doing something and he is accomplishing what he set out to do.
__________Eric__________
05/06 - Arbor A-Frame (62)
03/04 - Ride Flight Migs
03/04 - Salomon F24

04/05 - Salomon Era (58)

06/07 - Ride DH (55)
06/07 - Ride Beta
06/07 - DC Judge
GimmeSnow Wrote:If someone told you they were going out tonight to a bar which was, quote, "better than the dentist", would you want to join them? I'm guessing probably not. No, if you were going to be convinced this was a place worth your time, you'd want to hear something positive about it. Otherwise, you're probably not too interested.

I think a better analagy would be your friends are going to a bar. Theirs two bars worth going to. Theirs more bars, but they don't have alcohal making it totally pointless to go their (other canidates, but no one anyone has heard of- no chance getting elected) Even though the bars arn't too good, they still want to go out. So they go to bar B because its better than bar A.

getting yelled at, write more later.

edit: but like Nate_Doggg said. All you can do is vote for the better canidate. No one has the time, talant, money, and political backing or the desire to run for president. So were stuck with two mediocre choices.
We stand sideways. We sleep on floors. We get up early and go to sleep late. We've been mocked. We've been turned away by cops that won't have us. We are relentless. We dream it, we make it, we break it, we fix it. We create. We destroy. We wreck ourselves day in and day out and yet we stomp that one trick or find that one line that keeps us coming back.We progress. WE SNOWBOARD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bush + Blair + Gay Bar jam*wil 15 2,576 02-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Last Post: asd
  No Good Bush cambece 23 3,341 02-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Last Post: jam*wil
  where is it? (Hitler vs Bush topic) executiveblondi 11 1,478 11-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Last Post: actionwoman
  G. Bush someloser*rider 57 5,379 09-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Last Post: SnoBordPrincess
  Bush bores fat kid shocker! SteveWhite 1 1,117 04-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Last Post: actionwoman
  bush falls of his segway, kerry is a snowboarder in his 60s actionwoman 1 1,396 03-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Last Post: SnoBordPrincess
  Bush in 41.2 Seconds actionwoman 1 1,002 02-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Last Post: jam*wil
  Bush's Approval Ratings...going Dowwwwwwnnn someloser*rider 0 8,449 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: