Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This has nothing to do with anything...
...but I wanted to share anyway. My girlfriend just walked outside her office (for the oh-so glamorous task of carrying something to the dumpster) and there were 4 men loading and unloading stuff to/from a truck and nearby warehouse. One of them asked her if she had a lunch break and when it was. Another one was so distracted staring at her that he walked into the side of their truck!

She told the one guy she didn't have a lunch break and tried not to laugh at the other guy. I, very much on the other hand, am laughing (from the comfort of my cubicle after hearing the story) at that guy. And, more so, I really just wanted to share because, well, I pretty much feel like I'm "winning at life" right about now. Those guys so wish they were me. And they don't even know the half of how awesome she is. =) ! But, I digress...

Relate-able stories (from any of the characters' point of view)?
oh oh I got one! I was sitting in church right and theyre passing the offering plate around. so right before it gets to me I happen to glace at the very HOT guy one aisle over and wham there I am....spending a long period of time checking him out and staring....which would be fine except for the fact that my entire row and then some are now trying desperately to get my attention to give me the plate! yea it was embarrassing but then that's how I roll most of the time Smile

on a side EMO note...I feel like I'm really not "winning" at life lately. I got dumped over AIM of all things very recently, and man now I really feel like a member of the loser category. hah.
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:on a side EMO note...I feel like I'm really not "winning" at life lately. I got dumped over AIM of all things very recently, and man now I really feel like a member of the loser category. hah.

Dumped over AIM... that is like SOOO 2003.... and SOOO 'faux pas'.

It is ok to 'hook-up' with an instant messenger service (i prefer MSN)...

But a breakup requires a bit more tact and formality. Like an email, or an online journal entry. That is the 2006 way to do it. That way, the 'dumpee' can re-read the letter (or journal entry) over and over again... and forward it to his/her friends as appropriate.

Teenage girls... I am starting to realize that there is nothing that teenage girls ever experience, that hasn;t already been acted out by Molly Ringwald. Your story is SOOO 16 Candles. No wait... Pretty in Pink.
Dino00235 Wrote:Teenage girls... I am starting to realize that there is nothing that teenage girls ever experience, that hasn;t already been acted out by Molly Ringwald. Your story is SOOO 16 Candles. No wait... Pretty in Pink.
I <3 those movies. and my boyfriend hates me for it. hah.
im strangly attracted to 80's movies.

oo, I got one that even has to do with snowboarding.
me and my friend (when we were 13) were watching this guy strapping in and such, and we were about to get off the chair lift. first of all, we almost forgot to put the bar up. second, we were so occupied with this (now) weird looking guy that when we went to get off the lift, we completely ran into eachother and fell and all of that good stuff.

another, 2 years ago when I sprained my wrist. it was because I was trying way too super hard on the boxes because I was mad at this other guy instructor cause he was hanging out with an icky ski instructor girl. hah. so yeah, I was so unfocused...I just kind of slid off and did something crazy with my head and right arm, which ended in a very sore head and sprained wrist.

yes, I know. pathetic.
[Image: 6g1wbhf.jpg]
the attitude that snowboarding is fun regardless of pow or rain, big mountain or small mountain, box or groomer
OK...

I can stay on topic.

Last year at the demo derby... The guy who had the pit location next to mine had a really hot girlfriend... she kept bending over to pet my dog (and to let me look down her shirt - I know, I am a dirtbag)...

Well... I was working on my car - with a sledgehammer - when she started playing with my dog again. What can I say... i lost my concentration...

...So I broke my finger.

That was the exact moment that my wife and kids decided to show up...

I ended up driving with a splint on my finger... and answering a lot of "How do you break your finger with a sledgehammer?" questions...
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:on a side EMO note...I feel like I'm really not "winning" at life lately. I got dumped over AIM of all things very recently, and man now I really feel like a member of the loser category. hah.
Dumped over AIM? Damn, that's low.

I could see how'd you think you were "losing at life" right now, and while it may be kinda true, it's also not... Look at it this way: You're no longer dating someome who thinks it's acceptable to dump someone over AIM. Doesn't really sound like a terrible loss, if you ask me. He's gonna be "losing at life" well after you aren't anymore. Wink
GimmeSnow Wrote:Dumped over AIM? Damn, that's low.

I could see how'd you think you were "losing at life" right now, and while it may be kinda true, it's also not... Look at it this way: You're no longer dating someome who thinks it's acceptable to dump someone over AIM. Doesn't really sound like a terrible loss, if you ask me. He's gonna be "losing at life" well after you aren't anymore. Wink

ah yea you're right I know...I think I feel a bit less like a loser now, thanks, lol.

Dino...and who said I didn't log that epic conversation and re-read it over AND pass it on to some freinds so they could see what a jerk he is?? until I'm quite ready to hit the delete button and trash it to enternity. HAHA. true too. gahh.
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:Dino...and who said I didn't log that epic conversation and re-read it over AND pass it on to some freinds so they could see what a jerk he is?? until I'm quite ready to hit the delete button and trash it to enternity. HAHA. true too. gahh.

Hmmm.

Now, I hate to preach...

But logging instant messenger transcripts is a definite 'faux-pas' in my books. It ranks right up there with covertly tape recording conversations. Unless both parties are aware that it is being logged...

...it is in poor taste to forward that transcript.

Emails are different, and so are publically viewable journal pages. It is naturally assumed that both of those could, and probably will end up as public information... and will be forwarded and linked.

Maybe I was just raised differently.
Dino00235 Wrote:Hmmm.

Now, I hate to preach...

But logging instant messenger transcripts is a definite 'faux-pas' in my books. It ranks right up there with covertly tape recording conversations. Unless both parties are aware that it is being logged...

...it is in poor taste to forward that transcript.

Emails are different, and so are publically viewable journal pages. It is naturally assumed that both of those could, and probably will end up as public information... and will be forwarded and linked.

Maybe I was just raised differently.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh LEAVE ME ALONE he doesn't deserve my usual perfect nettiquette! that's the ONLY time I've ever done that! and what's more...I hope to death emails are not naturally assumed to be probably forwarded considering some of the convos I've had with people and them with me :eek:

WHEW ok emotional moment there PLEASE DISREGARD. I'm a menatally unstable person right now Confusedurprised

haha Wink
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:I hope to death emails are not naturally assumed to be probably forwarded considering some of the convos I've had with people and them with me :eek:

No, thats why most people save that for IM chat... (now I know better)

...and really, now.
...young ladies shouldn;t be having the kinds of conversations that shouldn;t be forwarded.

tsk tsk.
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:ah yea you're right I know...I think I feel a bit less like a loser now, thanks, lol.

>_> Heh, if you feel like a looser and need help, just think of my case.
[Image: siglyness.jpg]
Dino00235 Wrote:No, thats why most people save that for IM chat... (now I know better)

...and really, now.
...young ladies shouldn;t be having the kinds of conversations that shouldn;t be forwarded.

tsk tsk.

now who said I was a lady HUH? :glasses:
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:now who said I was a lady HUH? :glasses:

I never heard it here...

But in my experience... ALL women should be considered ladies, until they prove otherwise. Then I usually consider them 'really good friends'.

(Unless, of course, they are young ladies... in which case they will continue to be considered ladies).