Poll: Decent picture?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah, looks good.
33.33%
3 33.33%
Eh, it's alright
66.67%
6 66.67%
Dont put that thing out in public
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture - vote.
So im thinking of entering this photo in a contest [nothing serious..its a county fair..dont make fun, its a start.] i cant really decide if it's good or not.

[it can go either way]
[Image: im001375qy0.jpg]

[Image: im0013751du1.jpg]
[Image: 6g1wbhf.jpg]
the attitude that snowboarding is fun regardless of pow or rain, big mountain or small mountain, box or groomer
are you skilled at photoshop? some selective coloring would really help! i like it.
[Image: star-sig.jpg]
no, i can't figure out how to do that in CS2

plus, i lost my trial version about 5 days ago..

..im sad. Confusedad:
the attitude that snowboarding is fun regardless of pow or rain, big mountain or small mountain, box or groomer
Actually, I really like it. I say "actually", though, because I can't quite figure out why. :p
someloser*rider Wrote:no, i can't figure out how to do that in CS2

plus, i lost my trial version about 5 days ago..

..im sad. Confusedad:
ah. bummer. good luck on the contest
GimmeSnow Wrote:Actually, I really like it. I say "actually", though, because I can't quite figure out why. :p
um, thanks?..
Very nice. I think its good.

I'm also pretty skilled with photoshop, so if you need any help, give me a shout. I know some pretty cool filters that would make that pretty sweet.

Oh, and I like the Rome star on the bandana, nice touch Big Grin

How abstract can I get? I'll just throw up a few simple things...

[Image: 54bf22ec.jpg]

[Image: im0013751du123.jpg]

[Image: im0013751du123-1.jpg]

I like the second one. I'm a real sucker for high contrast :p

There are tons of other options too, but its late and I have to work tomorrow morning.
[Image: underminebanner.jpg]
Forgive me for being blunt, but with all do respect thats just a picture of a snowboard.

And also, wouldn't photoshop void this as a 'photography' contest... If they wanted photos to be doctored they would call it a 'photography but not really' contest.
jam*wil Wrote:Forgive me for being blunt, but with all do respect thats just a picture of a snowboard.

And also, wouldn't photoshop void this as a 'photography' contest... If they wanted photos to be doctored they would call it a 'photography but not really' contest.
Yeah, but it's in perfect focus (crisp up front, fading to not so much in the back) .. the red board plays well off the green grass .. the way it's laid out cuts diagonally through the frame, creating an interesting use of space .. you can almost feel the difference in texture between the bandana's fabric and the glossy smoothness of the board .. then, of course, there's the juxtaposition of a winter object on what very clearly appears to be a summer day .. all these things lead to making it an interesting photograph.

Is a contest winner? I don't know. It depends on the other pictures entered. Honestly, it probably isn't. Nevertheless, I still think it's the kind of thing you can look at for awhile and continue to be intrigued by it.

On the other hand, if you wanna see "just a picture of a snowboard", swing by eBay and look for someone selling one. You'll see the difference between this one and any of those. Well, I mean, I do. Wink
[Image: snowboard.jpg]

feel free to use it if you like it
nah, i had to enter it yesterday.

yes, i realize it wont win, lol.

i've just been entering pictures since i was like 10. [VT got me started] and i've never won anything for them.

but hey, there's people who have like years of [good]experience and like $800 cameras.

and here i am, a broke snowboard instructor with a hand-me-down 2.1 MP digital camera Big Grin and no lesson on how to correctly take good pictures. haha.

point is, i just enter because i can.
results:

this photo didnt get anything.
my black and white photo of a rose with water drops on it got 4th [i didnt actually like it because it looked like every other picture people take]

and a tour poster i made got 4th
[note..it looks bad here because i didnt open it in photoshop]
[Image: posterppap8.jpg]
yes, i made the entire poster in photoshop and it got beat by 3, yes 3 MICROSOFT PAINT pictures.
someloser*rider Wrote:results:

this photo didnt get anything.
my black and white photo of a rose with water drops on it got 4th [i didnt actually like it because it looked like every other picture people take]

and a tour poster i made got 4th
[note..it looks bad here because i didnt open it in photoshop]
[Image: posterppap8.jpg]
yes, i made the entire poster in photoshop and it got beat by 3, yes 3 MICROSOFT PAINT pictures.

Ouch, thats insulting :p Cool poster though.
[Image: underminebanner.jpg]
patdone Wrote:[Image: snowboard.jpg]

feel free to use it if you like it
...that on the other hand, is pretty friggin cool lookin.
jam*wil Wrote:...that on the other hand, is pretty friggin cool lookin.
although it wouldnt count because it's clearly edited.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drew a picture of my life... Dirty Doug 27 5,303 04-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Last Post: nitro852
  The "Picture of yourself thread" FatePhotography 50 9,383 02-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Last Post: fr0st m0nkey
  vote for my friend's photo please actionwoman 3 2,001 01-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Last Post: nitro852
  I love how the hair came out on this picture Dirty Doug 4 1,851 05-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Last Post: jjyank
  Vote James. Powder.fan. 18 3,742 07-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Dre