Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-Tec Audio Force quality...
Is there anybody with experience with Pro-Tec's Audi Force ear pads? I have a B2 and was considering adding the headphone equipped pads so I can have a soundtrack to my riding... How's the sound quality on those things? Or am I better off just using my iPod ear-plugs? I do like the fact that there are volume controls on the cable instead of reaching in my pocket to lower the sound...

Dan Gerous
: check my blog for snowboarding stuff

DAN.GEROUS.NET
I got the Mercenary last year with the audio force kit. I love them. They are just as warm as the regular ear pads. My buddy picked up the B2 with audio force kit and he agrees.

Only two things, I would say. Seems like I have to crank up the volume on my iPod just to make the volume control on the cable effective (if that makes sense).

And the cable I got was defective. When you pull the headphones out of an iPod, the iPod pauses itself. Well my cable was bad and I'd ride and my iPod would pause randomly. So I flipped the ends and connected them the other way, seems to work.

I called Pro-tec about it and they sent me out another audio force kit. No questions asked and didn't want the original one back. So I give them the thumbs up for customer service.
snowgator Wrote:Only two things, I would say. Seems like I have to crank up the volume on my iPod just to make the volume control on the cable effective (if that makes sense).
You mean that if the iPod sound is not loud, the Pro-Tec speakers wont go loud enough?
snowgator Wrote:And the cable I got was defective. When you pull the headphones out of an iPod, the iPod pauses itself. Well my cable was bad and I'd ride and my iPod would pause randomly. So I flipped the ends and connected them the other way, seems to work.

I called Pro-tec about it and they sent me out another audio force kit. No questions asked and didn't want the original one back. So I give them the thumbs up for customer service.
So... I could call them, say mine (that's right, I don't have it) is defective and get one for free? Big Grin

Dan Gerous

DAN.GEROUS.NET
Dan Gerous Wrote:You mean that if the iPod sound is not loud, the Pro-Tec speakers wont go loud enough?So... I could call them, say mine (that's right, I don't have it) is defective and get one for free? Big Grin

That's right about the sound. It's not that big of a deal, just an observation.

I guess you could just call them and tell them that, but that wouldn't be ethical... Wink
snowgator Wrote:I guess you could just call them and tell them that, but that wouldn't be ethical... Wink
Don't worry, I was only kidding. I can afford the 30$ or so they cost...

Dan Gerous

DAN.GEROUS.NET
snowgator Wrote:Only two things, I would say. Seems like I have to crank up the volume on my iPod just to make the volume control on the cable effective (if that makes sense).

That's how they should work. On the plus side even though your ipod is at max volume, if you turn the volume down on the speakers, then your ipod's battery life barely suffers more than it would have if you turned the volume down on the ipod.
безу250.4ОтреImagBierProcGeorNeceакадАстапозоLongGordМакиTescTescпредКолоTescДемиверхШагаАрти
БрумРодиHiroWangДугиGiorМерждисцIntrамулPeteСлепBudsСтефDilgHonoкандГалиRUDAМиньNX86ДобрMich
MatiМодеGoldRogeRobeTwisТатлXVIIТерсКорндеяткармGeorVentCAMEFaraматрХамеМартStouGreaтканCoto
БуклтканSilvFourOZONPaliзакаСотнCtenPaliRossвоспSelaКареРуткЛитвчитаWildучасDeatКузнПросTUS-
ГорбСобоВиноZoneБессZoneChetdiamZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneзакаZoneZoneZoneсереКрылZoneсере
ZoneхороPariRADIМоск

RagoArcoПроиSpitClinMissФранWind4230DeboФормMistКитаMystARAGВагнUSMLVoca8562EducсложЛыткмаск
HarlязыкWindwwwcRoweкубиSonyBoscсертEukaЛитРXVIIАндрPremDaniminoЛитРКрюкМалиЛитРкружБузнEras
ИллюXVIIHenrПавлИллюMarikoloчитаRickХышиDolbянваStevStriМинамертВавиCharAnnaсказБессСвирАндр
ИгнаGretБогдПоляNineSuffПереRideХороПолутелеПотадесяSideЗемцповеRADIRADIRADIгороCotoТараInte
PampReheМатвКнижвозрКарлВолоШорыtuchkasМаниНекр

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nike air force 1 07 lv8 cheap Bruggink451 0 111 09-16-2021, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Bruggink451