Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....
Everything is pretty dead around here, and I'm waiting for it to be about an hour from now so I can spend my first weekend home from college by...you guessed it, meeting up with my college buddies and getting smashed.

Anywho, I figured I would kill some time on these lovely forums. What are ya all up to for the summer?

I'll kick off this deep, intriguing topic by answering first: I will be working my little waiter butt off trying to pay for college, my car, and the next winter season. I'll spend the occasional weekend down the shore in Point Pleasant, NJ, but other than that, it will be work, work work, work, party, work work work.

What about the rest of my snowboarder friends?

P.S....post number 2,500! Wow I really have no life...
[Image: underminebanner.jpg]
Yes, it has been. Very nice jjyank!
Don't be a chicken. Sign up, it's not hard. Or are you going to be a poser and just watch?
Wow, jjyank, it sounds like you are going to have fun over the summer. :p

For the summer, I am going to work in the Rocky Mountians at a camp and then when thats done, go out to New Brunswick, live with my family for a bit (you just gotta love the military)... and work hopefully I can get in at Poley Mountian Resort or Crabbe Mountian Resort...and hopefully get into the college I want to. Smile

I can't wait to go snowboarding in the 07/08 season. Smile
later,
Graceful31
I have a lot to do this summer. But the main thing is ...... WAKEBOARDING!!! WHOOOHOOO!!!

Anyways, all I can think about is snowboarding ... Damn! This sucks. I'm a summer person, and that's what's on my mind ....... I'm hooked, dudes. Snowboarding rules.
graceful31 Wrote:Wow, jjyank, it sounds like you are going to have fun over the summer. :p

For the summer, I am going to work in the Rocky Mountians at a camp and then when thats done, go out to New Brunswick, live with my family for a bit (you just gotta love the military)... and work hopefully I can get in at Poley Mountian Resort or Crabbe Mountian Resort...and hopefully get into the college I want to. Smile

I can't wait to go snowboarding in the 07/08 season. Smile
later,
Graceful31

Cool man. What college is that?

karatekid1975 Wrote:Snowboarding rules.

Yes, yes it does.

Oh, quick side note on my ongoing summer adventures! I drove two and a half hours into West Chester, PA on Saturday through the pouring raining, getting lost numerous times, to meet up with my college buddies. We had enough alcohol to throw a party with 100 people there, and there were only about 30 people there. I don't remember what happened, but I had to get up at 8 am the next day (still in West Chester) with a massive hangover and a swollen index finger and drive all the way home to celebrate mother's day :p

These forums really are dead...I posted this topic like 3 days ago and not one "regular" poster has posted. You know what my number one reason I miss winter is, but you know my number two reason? I can't kill time and procrastinate things by posting here because there's nothing to post! Sad
Hopefully get into Niagara College with an apprentiship in baking. Smile Well, thats if all goes well...there's this course out in Nova Scotia community college -that one covers the more traditional methods of bread and pastry making...which almost beyond stupidty cos most bakeries don't even use the traditional methods.
um, i wish there was still snow.

im attempting to find a "real job" because unfortunatly, i cant be a snowboard instructor all year. or make enough money to last me through the summer, hah.

other than that, i'll be wasting time with my friends and having a good time doing whatever.
[Image: 6g1wbhf.jpg]
the attitude that snowboarding is fun regardless of pow or rain, big mountain or small mountain, box or groomer
graceful31 Wrote:Hopefully get into Niagara College with an apprentiship in baking. Smile Well, thats if all goes well...there's this course out in Nova Scotia community college -that one covers the more traditional methods of bread and pastry making...which almost beyond stupidty cos most bakeries don't even use the traditional methods.

Very nice. One of my friends went to the Culinary Institute of America to study baking...he's quite good at it.
I would imagine that he is good at what he loves to do Smile
I checked out the Culinary Institute of America website, wow, really nice.
Yup...so I went down the shore and did some wakeboarding with some friends from school this weekend. It was awesome. It was my first time wakeboarding, and it was sweet. I got the hang of it after a few tries, and my snowboarding prowess definately helped me out. Only instead of my legs being sore the next day, my arms and shoulders are killing me.
I'm bored, and you people are totally NOT helping...
yayyyyyyy summer!

um it's been so hot. I've been playing soccer...dreaming of snowboarding about once a week, working, blah blah, eating, blah, and doing school...geometry. hate.
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:yayyyyyyy summer!

um it's been so hot. I've been playing soccer...dreaming of snowboarding about once a week, working, blah blah, eating, blah, and doing school...geometry. hate.

I snowboarded so much last season that I actually burned out by April, and wanted summer. But guess what? Before July even comes around, I'm already back to wishing I was still in Vermont and it was about 70 degrees colder...

You're still in school?
jjyank Wrote:I snowboarded so much last season that I actually burned out by April, and wanted summer. But guess what? Before July even comes around, I'm already back to wishing I was still in Vermont and it was about 70 degrees colder...

You're still in school?

yeaaaaaa I don't have to but the quicker i get it all done the quicker i can be out.

I hate being burned out..that happens to me sometimes close to the end of when i get super excited and ride all day and not stop even to eat. i finally get that feeling like...wow im dead, haha. thats how i kicked off the last boarding day last season.
SnoBordPrincess Wrote:yeaaaaaa I don't have to but the quicker i get it all done the quicker i can be out.

I hate being burned out..that happens to me sometimes close to the end of when i get super excited and ride all day and not stop even to eat. i finally get that feeling like...wow im dead, haha. thats how i kicked off the last boarding day last season.

Ohhh I feel a story coming on, do tell :p

I hear ya about school. I'd take some summer classes, but I like college, I don't want to speed the process up and get out into the real world quicker haha Big Grin