Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Baheemya calls
#1
Just a heads-up for any midwesterners: Bohemia's looking good for
this weekend. If anybody's up there, I'll be skiing Sat. and Sun.,
and maybe Monday AM. I'll be right next to the girl with the playing
card graphic on her red helmet.

There may be zywiec on hand, if it doesn't freeze in the truck. 2dF
might not be the best weather for tailgating, but what the hell....

bw
Reply
#2
bdubya wrote:[color=blue]
> I'll be right next to the girl with the playing
> card graphic on her red helmet.[/color]

Same girl? Good skier.
Reply
#3
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:18:49 -0800, lal_truckee
<[email protected]> wrote:
[color=blue]
>bdubya wrote:[color=green]
>> I'll be right next to the girl with the playing
>> card graphic on her red helmet.[/color]
>
>Same girl? Good skier.[/color]

She says hello, and thanks.

bw
Reply
#4
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:22:44 -0800 (PST), bumpfreaq
<[email protected]> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On Jan 17, 8:44 pm, bdubya <[email protected]> wrote:[color=green]
>> Just a heads-up for any midwesterners: Bohemia's looking good for
>> this weekend. If anybody's up there, I'll be skiing Sat. and Sun.,
>> and maybe Monday AM. I'll be right next to the girl with the playing
>> card graphic on her red helmet.
>>
>> There may be zywiec on hand, if it doesn't freeze in the truck. 2dF
>> might not be the best weather for tailgating, but what the hell....
>>
>> bw[/color]
>
>Soooooo...... how was it? Got any pics?[/color]


Yep, some new and some old.
[url]http://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/510T8V[/url]

The drive up was worse than usual, although I did feel vindicated when
my 10 PM roadside diagnosis of "all the coolant is getting sucked into
the engine somehow" proved accurate. Fortunately we were caravaning,
so we left the truck in Green Bay and continued north.

The lake effect kicked in on Thursday with maybe 4-8" per day, so by
Saturday things were nice and soft, with fresh tracks not too hard to
find. Temps were tolerable in the 0-5dF range, without much wind.
About 5 more inches came down overnight, although we overslept and
missed first tracks. Sunday was a bit warmer, but windier, with a few
more inches of lake effect coming down over the course of the day,
plus windblown. Our plans for a half-day Monday were sacrificed in
favor of getting back to the truck and getting it towed to a reputable
service center, but Presidents' Weekend we'll get another shot at
Monday tracks.

We've been planning to take a week off in March for a little CO road
trip (featuring Crested Butte, and probably Wolf Creek and Monarch,
but probably not a rematch with Silverton until we can be better
acclimatized). But after this trip, we're very seriously considering
heading for the UP instead. It'll probably be a game-time decision
based on the snow forecast.

bw
Reply
#5
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 04:01:42 -0800 (PST), bumpfreaq
<[email protected]> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On Jan 22, 11:14 pm, bdubya <[email protected]> wrote:[color=green]
>> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:22:44 -0800 (PST), bumpfreaq
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:[color=darkred]
>> >On Jan 17, 8:44 pm, bdubya <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >> Just a heads-up for any midwesterners: Bohemia's looking good for
>> >> this weekend. If anybody's up there, I'll be skiing Sat. and Sun.,
>> >> and maybe Monday AM. I'll be right next to the girl with the playing
>> >> card graphic on her red helmet.[/color]
>>[color=darkred]
>> >> There may be zywiec on hand, if it doesn't freeze in the truck. 2dF
>> >> might not be the best weather for tailgating, but what the hell....[/color]
>>[color=darkred]
>> >> bw[/color]
>>[color=darkred]
>> >Soooooo...... how was it? Got any pics?[/color]
>>
>> Yep, some new and some old.[url]http://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/510T8V[/url]
>>
>> The drive up was worse than usual, although I did feel vindicated when
>> my 10 PM roadside diagnosis of "all the coolant is getting sucked into
>> the engine somehow" proved accurate. Fortunately we were caravaning,
>> so we left the truck in Green Bay and continued north.
>>
>> The lake effect kicked in on Thursday with maybe 4-8" per day, so by
>> Saturday things were nice and soft, with fresh tracks not too hard to
>> find. Temps were tolerable in the 0-5dF range, without much wind.
>> About 5 more inches came down overnight, although we overslept and
>> missed first tracks. Sunday was a bit warmer, but windier, with a few
>> more inches of lake effect coming down over the course of the day,
>> plus windblown. Our plans for a half-day Monday were sacrificed in
>> favor of getting back to the truck and getting it towed to a reputable
>> service center, but Presidents' Weekend we'll get another shot at
>> Monday tracks.
>>
>> We've been planning to take a week off in March for a little CO road
>> trip (featuring Crested Butte, and probably Wolf Creek and Monarch,
>> but probably not a rematch with Silverton until we can be better
>> acclimatized). But after this trip, we're very seriously considering
>> heading for the UP instead. It'll probably be a game-time decision
>> based on the snow forecast.
>>
>> bw[/color]
>
>Nice report! Did you get a close look at the hostel or any of the
>other new facilities?[/color]

Only from the outside; the hostel used to be the ski rental yurt, and
there are four new yurts for group rental (each sleeps ten, at
$180/night). All were full. I don't know if they have their own
plumbing, or if you have to walk down to the restrooms at the far end.

bw
Reply
#6
A women got mad at McDonalds and called 3 times because she didnt get chicken mcnuggets. Have any of you heard about this?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)