Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
describe your worst injury while snowboarding
Just curious about how you guys have gotten hurt (and how seriously). I'm a beginner and have a HUGE black bruise on my tailbone and both knees.

thanks,
Amy
[Image: style1,Amy.png]
Well my first time on a dry slope I had a bruise the size of a melon on my ass for about 2 months, which really killed. In actually snowboarding the most serious injury that I've gotten was whiplash- I was jibbing and came off and hit my head. Luckily I was wearing a helmet or my injury would have been much worse!
BROKEN COLLARBONE!! lol. I have it right now. This is the worst snowboarding injury i have ever had...not to mention its the right arm and therefore very very hindering.
The worst I have had is a concussion.
my pride...does that count? Rolleyes
we've all had our ass bruises
but mine by far was when i pulled off a perfect face plant into the ice. i fell so hard i cracked my goggles and the lens split in to, not down the middle, but the 2 lenses pressed together split
my goggles ripped into my face and cut my nose
i couldnt think straight, when ski patrol pulled up on his snowboard, looked at me, and with a funny grin 'serious wipeout man, keep boarding, you're fine!'
So I Just Type A Signature In Here? Pfft, Ok!
First time out a few years ago.. was on some rental board, details I don't remember if I ever knew, except that I had stepins and was at Hunter.. Wink

Somewhere around my 5th run of the day I'm coming down the left side of the slope and I see a woman maybe 60ft ahead facing perpendicular to the slope about 20 feet in on skis.

She didn't see me coming (yet) so I went toeside to go behind her (woooo goofy!) and did an admittedly ugly job of the turn. Got back to upright and cruising, she must've heard me at this point because she looked up and had this sort of deer in the headlights look on her face. I think it was pretty obvious I was just going to cruise behind her and continue on, but she didn't get the same idea.

She starts doing this backwards death march on her skis trying to get off the slope and so I had to go heelside quickly to avoid the disasterous results of a collision between myself at 6' and around 165lb, her at around 5'4 and maybe 120..

Managed the turn and ran smack into this accursed ice patch that I knew was there, and was trying to avoid along with her when I made the decision to go behind. Being my first day ever on a board I had no idea what I should do, trying to get the board pointed back downhill made things worse.. came off the ice and caught toeside in the snow really good.

Went flying through the air like superman, arms out in front, legs straight behind.. bunch of little kids getting a lesson staring at me, ski patrol guy teaching them staring at me.. I hit the ground arms first, don't remember any noise at all, hurt a little.. layed for a second while the ski patrol guy yelled "SAFE!!!" complete with basebal arm motions.

Ended up completely cracking my radius in half just behind where my watch would normally be. Clean break, nothing severe, had it set and was in a cast for the next three months. No painkillers, no pain unless I made the mistake of trying to lift *anything* with that arm, even something as seemingly innocent as a roll of toilet paper.
Broken Wrist... Twice!
Mild Concussion
Wiplash
Dislocated Shoulder
2 Many Pulled Muscles to Count
asym Wrote:Went flying through the air like superman, arms out in front, legs straight behind.. bunch of little kids getting a lesson staring at me, ski patrol guy teaching them staring at me.. I hit the ground arms first, don't remember any noise at all, hurt a little.. layed for a second while the ski patrol guy yelled "SAFE!!!" complete with basebal arm motions.

Hey Man, I did just like what you did, except It was off a 30 ft. table with so much kick it would make your nose bleed. I was trying to do a huge Japan Air and I caught an edge on the lip of the jump. I flew like Superman too except I Snapped both the bones in my left Forearm and blacked out because after my hands hit the ground and broke my arm, guess what came next, yup, my face!!! I was druelling all over this place it was nasty.
I get worse injuries playing football/soccer.
Well I bet that you look good on the dancefloor
Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984
From 1984!
kemet64 Wrote:BROKEN COLLARBONE!! lol. I have it right now. This is the worst snowboarding injury i have ever had...not to mention its the right arm and therefore very very hindering.
DOODE thats EXACTLY my situation rite now too!! i'd probably say it was my worst snowboarding injurt i've had too. an its the right arm an i know it sucks. i've also broken both bones in my left arm an both bones in my right forearm. but breaking your collar bone hurts the most when you go home an wait for it to heal just cause when you move the wrong way you get a nice "Poping" sound an stabbing pain shot rite in the fracture. but on the good side theres no cast so i can still practice good hygene Cool
draft beer. not people.
[Image: DOPEYcopy.jpg]
ok so far this year......tailbone ****ed up for about 3 weeks(couldnt sit in the school chairs right..quite funny), pulled the two muscles in my kneck from falling cuz sum jackass;s dont know how to get out from the landing of the jump that u cant see when u go off it, and a so far 3 year damage to my knees thats getting any better. not bad for 3rd year

not much i guess really...jus explained it a little much, sorry
[Image: 6g1wbhf.jpg]
the attitude that snowboarding is fun regardless of pow or rain, big mountain or small mountain, box or groomer
yeah just yesterday i tried jumping a sand trap at a golf corse.... didnt make it.. my board stuck into the lip of hte other side of the sand trap and i did the biggest faceplant of my life.

i didnt break anything though. just a concussion and the whole rightside of my face is torn up fromthe ice.
im right there with ya kemet, got a broken(well actualy its like crushed :eek: ) collar bone, have it right now. whichs sucks cuz it blows the rest of the snowboarding season for me. o well i guess i just gotta suck it up and wait till next year.
stalled int he air off a kicker and pretty much power bombed my self! got the wind knocked out me and bruised up my shoulders...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snowboarding t's??? mikes 1 863 09-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Last Post: asd
  Snowboarding helmet vs...cheap bicycle/skating helmet? lapchern 5 1,879 04-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Last Post: GimmeSnow
  Summer snowboarding viperxiv 5 1,511 03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Last Post: BoarderTalk
  snowboarding... what's hot, and what's not. jam*wil 25 3,190 03-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Trader97
  NYC snowboarding area???? chrysler_12 7 1,442 02-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Last Post: jsong83
  LOVE snowboarding, hate most snowboarders.... Bradwyatt 24 3,624 02-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Last Post: jam*wil
  Any good digi cams for snowboarding? Drewbee 7 1,698 01-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Last Post: FatePhotography
  Need help with the gear for snowboarding??? sicker 3 1,295 01-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Mulisha
  Frequently Asked Snowboarding Questions-CHECK THIS OUT!! SnoBordPrincess 3 6,966 01-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Last Post: SnoBordPrincess
  I wana start snowboarding but..... PerfectCircle 8 1,712 12-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Last Post: PerfectCircle