Your Boarding Source

Full Version: NHL Lockout.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you guys think about the NHL lockout currently in effect?
Is it for the whole of this season or till they sort something out?

It is a shame but I can understand the reason behind it.
sucks so much... I want to watch some hockey
Drester Wrote:sucks so much... I want to watch some hockey
i want to go boarding.
SteveWhite Wrote:Is it for the whole of this season or till they sort something out?

It is a shame but I can understand the reason behind it.
pretty much until they sort somehting out but that could very well be the entire season...
Dre Wrote:sucks so much... I want to watch some hockey
Ya I agree but they did have to sort some shit out. It was bound to happen sooner or later
But would they start again this season if a deal was agreed half-way through?
funny - in TimeOutNY (weekly mag) there was a poll of NYers who were asked if the NHL Lockout affected them - only one guy even knew what the initials NHL stood for!

They also asked them what the term "icing" meant and to rank the following in order of importance: NASCAR, NHL, figure skating, and golf. One guy said icing was frosting on a cake and most people ranked NASCAR first - UGH.

Guess hockey isn't very popular in these parts.
actionwoman Wrote:funny - in TimeOutNY (weekly mag) there was a poll of NYers who were asked if the NHL Lockout affected them - only one guy even knew what the initials NHL stood for!

They also asked them what the term "icing" meant and to rank the following in order of importance: NASCAR, NHL, figure skating, and golf. One guy said icing was frosting on a cake and most people ranked NASCAR first - UGH.

Guess hockey isn't very popular in these parts.

Well it is more popular in Canada but that's taking the piss.

What does NHL stand for anyway? Big Grin
SteveWhite Wrote:Well it is more popular in Canada but that's taking the piss.

What does NHL stand for anyway? Big Grin

National Hockey LeagueBig Grin
actionwoman Wrote:funny - in TimeOutNY (weekly mag) there was a poll of NYers who were asked if the NHL Lockout affected them - only one guy even knew what the initials NHL stood for!
have you ever seen "talking to America" on "This hour has 22 minutes"?
Powder.fan. Wrote:have you ever seen "talking to America" on "This hour has 22 minutes"?
I sure have... did you see the one where their like "would you climb all the way up peter man's bridge (peter mansbridge is the guy who does the national canadian news on cbc). and one guy was like, "I'm afraid of heights, I wouldn't dare think about climbing up peter mansbridge..." That was so effing funny. It was ROFL material.
jam*wil Wrote:I sure have... did you see the one where their like "would you climb all the way up peter man's bridge (peter mansbridge is the guy who does the national canadian news on cbc). and one guy was like, "I'm afraid of heights, I wouldn't dare think about climbing up peter mansbridge..." That was so effing funny. It was ROFL material.
Yeah, the one about the "Great Canadian Igloo"'s hilarrious too... there as a site with a bunch of them (talking to americans videos) but it's down now. WHat's funny is that every time they talk to the Governor or some political dude of that place that they visit and ask them the same question at the end... they always say something stupid.