Your Boarding Source

Full Version: How to make my own Die-Cut Decals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anybody know hot make your own die-cut decals, the once where you peel of the back, press it to the board, rub it in then peel of the front. Since these decals are so expensive I want to know how to make my own.
oh I got a "got snow" one last year on ebay......I don't know how you would make your own, you mean like make your own design and everything? I think you could buy sheets of just the decal paper somewhere to cut your own design, but how detailed are you talking about? you mean like actually making the paper or something? :freak:
no no no silly, somehow, printing off (with my printer) onto some sort of special diecut paper... wait, never mind it's impossible... Close this thread
who needs die-cut decals... all you need is a can of spray paint and a stencil Big Grin
jam*wil Wrote:no no no silly, somehow, printing off (with my printer) onto some sort of special diecut paper... wait, never mind it's impossible... Close this thread

You can use T-shirt transfers dude - thats what i put my board logos on wif.

print out on the T-shirt tranfer in mirror-reverse, then instead of ironing on the board, just run the iron over it on a table with the backing still on it.
cut out the logo, peel the backing then using super glue or a thin smear of silicon bond it to the board, and finally i covered mine with a sheet of clear polythene cut 1 inch bigger and bonded that over the top with spray adhesive
but a cheaper way is just to use clear contact plastic (like for school books)

also it helps if you mask the area you are gluing so the excess squeezed out can be removed without getting a hammer and chisel to ya board Big Grin
Works out about 5* bucks per A4 sized graphic and it turns out pretty damn good !
Its so far lasted two seasons, which aint bad Smile

* 8 if you need white in the logo as it has an extra material backing in the T-shirt transfer unless you wanna paint ya board under the area white first. also you only get the transfers in packs of 3-5 so really about $12-$16 for a pack then a few bucks for glue etc. But least you get exactly what u want Tongue
wow... thank-you.
jam*wil Wrote:no no no silly, somehow, printing off (with my printer) onto some sort of special diecut paper... wait, never mind it's impossible... Close this thread
lol I was joking, I didn't think you were that ambitious, hehe Big Grin

but yeah there is decal paper for printing off your computer(I've seen it)...do a search on google and you'll probly find out how to do it.
Polaris Wrote:some thing something something... great idea .. something something something....
i like my idea more Big Grin
Powder.fan. Wrote:i like my idea more Big Grin
Did you make up a quote?
jam*wil Wrote:Did you make up a quote?
spray paint...
oh... spray paint... right, it's just so... what's the word... permanent.