Your Boarding Source

Full Version: venting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
riddle me this...why does chalk squeak if you write with it perpendicular to the board, but doesn't if it's on an angle?

if you answer that i'll shine your shoes!

and make it a mandatory lesson for teachers when they're being certified

and tell them not to stand in front of the board and do their own random $hit when ur supposed to be copying something down

DAMN i cant wait for winter break
I have come to block out all people at school and everything teachers are saying or doing unless it actually has something to do with my learning. It's my special talent now, I dont even get mad at school anymore...I just kinda shift through classes and be glad im home when im home
ugh so damn lucky...i can usually zone out if i know i dont need to listen, but all the teachers' quirks and irritating qualities somehow sink through the shield
executiveblondi Wrote:riddle me this...why does chalk squeak if you write with it perpendicular to the board, but doesn't if it's on an angle?

Probably something to do with surface area, i.e. more of the chalk making contact than when it's at an angle.
you think you're soooo smart Wink
executiveblondi Wrote:you think you're soooo smart Wink
... I am. _______
More surface area will equal more friction between the chalk board and the chalk. The rediculous noise is from the dissipation of heat which is a result from the friction.
*shoes have been shined*

congratulations, you win the "actually pays attention in science class" award!
I guess I did learn something after all in high school physics too bad college physics is gonna kick my ass.
I'm in physics 20 right now... we just finished our kinematics unit...