Your Boarding Source

Full Version: snowbored -- should I go for it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys... I know my atempt at making a state of the art snowboard community failed last time... I'm considering another go at it. I've checked out some domain names and I can either get "www.snowbored.org" or "www.snowb0red.com" (notice the 0 Wink)... anyways, I could purchase this domain name and make a pretty kick ass site, however, I would need a bit of a user base to get started (cuz nobody wants to sign up for a community with no members)... anyways, if you guys will help me make it popular so I can generate my own user base, via search engines and what not... that would be really cool... It would be completely ad free and would have a state of the art forum as well as an photo album where you can upload your pictures as well... So anyways, I'm just wondering what you guys think about this and I need the god honest truth as to whether you would actually sign up and maybe post a message every once and a while... thanks guys!
its a good idea but i don't like the name, it seems like snowboarding is boreing... just my impresion from "snowbored", but if u don't get that idea and don't think most ppl will either go for the .org
yeah maybe a different name... http://www.theresnoborder.com
ya I never thought of the name like that... and now that you bring it to my attention... I can see that your right on the money... okay... I am open to suggestions for the name folks? any ideas?
Eastsideslider7 Wrote:yeah maybe a different name... http://www.theresnoborder.com

i just got it...thats awesome howd u come up with it?
ok... pretty much everything is taken :undecided So the only thing I could think of was to replace the o's in snowboard.com with zero's... so it would be http://www.sn0wb0ard.com What do you guys think?

EDIT!!! yo... I think it's gonna be "www.two70.com" That's tite or "www.four50.com". They're both available, what do you guys think?
executiveblondi Wrote:i just got it...thats awesome howd u come up with it?
lol... I still don't get it... anyways, In favor of a short domain, catchy, and easy to remember... I am now the proud owner of http://www.two70.com
go for it... but you don't really need another forum, just re-direct to this oneBig Grin!
Dre Wrote:go for it... but you don't really need another forum, just re-direct to this oneBig Grin!
nah man... I'll do that till everything is made and tested and stuff but I wanna be a webmaster of a kick ass snowboard community... The idea behind this is everything is going to be user controlled... even the new man... there will be a special forum for news, where users can post news, a mod or an admin will approve it, then it will show up on the home page as a news item... it will kick ass.
jam*wil Wrote:nah man... I'll do that till everything is made and tested and stuff but I wanna be a webmaster of a kick ass snowboard community... The idea behind this is everything is going to be user controlled... even the new man... there will be a special forum for news, where users can post news, a mod or an admin will approve it, then it will show up on the home page as a news item... it will kick ass.
you will burn in hell....

...ummm.... can i be a mod?
meh as long as your swear filter includes "ski", "ride flights" & "Smile"

thereisnoborder.com --> like it!
almost as good as www.thereisanoboarder!there!rightthere!gethim!.ski.com

yeh give Dre mod powers... and unleash WW4 :p
Try asking the admin for advice as he'll know more about running a snowboarding site than the rest of us will.

It probably would have helped to have a domain that is kind of snowboarding related as well.
jam*wil Wrote:lol... I still don't get it... [/url]

it kind of merges "there is no border" and "snowboarder"

maybe thats not what ur supposed to see...the first time i saw it i was like um ok..."there is snoborder", and when i realized "there is no border" i was like cool this works

am i psychotic? dont answer that
If you need a banner made, I can try out some things. I'm nothing special, but if you don't have anyone to do it for you/don't wanna pay- I'm a free alternative.
jam*wil Wrote:nah man... I'll do that till everything is made and tested and stuff but I wanna be a webmaster of a kick ass snowboard community... The idea behind this is everything is going to be user controlled... even the new man... there will be a special forum for news, where users can post news, a mod or an admin will approve it, then it will show up on the home page as a news item... it will kick ass.
go for it! make it like a hangout for boarders....with the boarding season starting up it will be the perfect time. believe me, there are not many good boarding forums out there. they're zero percent moderated and the whole message board is complete trash. we need to get as many boarders together as possible.

you just need some advertising...there are a bunch of separate search engine sites within google that list a lot of sites for whatever you searched for. a few of them say to submit your site...you could work on that. and snowboarding info sites will usually list like 3 or 4 forums for people to go to(usually snowboard.com, this site, and snowcraze.com). if the maker of the sites(who usually snowboard) have email you can email them and request they put your forum on their list. some probably will.

and if all else fails...get a banner and start sponsoring the sites that sell boarding stuff, then you'll get hits, haha.
Pages: 1 2